Fanged Friend (2)

(Hello 3rd person again)
(This chapter contains swearing)

(Oh uh sorry this took so long btw. I thought the chapter would be about the same length as the last one. I thought wrong. But hey, at least you have more to read now 😉)
_______________________________________

After Streber set his goal, he had another mission, to plan. First off, how should he catch this man? With a chase? Tackling him like before? Setting up a trap? Second, when Streber does catch him, how should he eat this man? Should he drain him as quickly as possible? Slowly drink his blood to savor the taste? Kidnap him and save him and his blood for a special occasion? God, the possibilities were endless. Streber was putting a lot of thought to the one who got away, almost as if he were obsessed. He tried to think of every possible way for hours, until the sky began to rise with colors, becoming brighter each minute. Shit. This was not good for Streber. He'd spent so much fantasizing about killing and eating the one who got away that he'd hadn't remembered to retreat back to his house when the stars faded. He felt doomed. A few minutes ago he was concentrating on how to end someone's life, but here he is a few minutes later, now worrying about his own life at hand. He ran under the shadows of houses and buildings, desperately searching for a dark shady place before he burned alive.

Kevin was terrified from what had occurred. To think that he almost got what he believed to be his neck kissed by a stranger, and saved by a trash bag no less. He hadn't gotten any sleep yet, he was too paranoid of what happened a few hours prior. Kevin yawned. Maybe I should get some rest now. He thought. As Kevin closed his eyes though, his alarm went off. He quickly got up and checked the time. His phone read 6:30am. Kevin didn't want to believe it. He frantically opened the curtains in his bedroom, only to see a rising Sun. Shit. This was not good for Kevin. He hadn't remembered to sleep before he needed to get ready for work at 6:30, and go to work at 7:00. Oh boy would it be a long day for Kevin.

Stress dashed across the streets. Would he find somewhere safe in time?

Kevin ran across the streets. Would he make it to work in time?

Streber watched in horror as he saw the violet purples and navy blues of the sky get lighter and lighter, until the sky turned into scary shades of yellows and oranges. He didn't have much time before the sun would rise.

Kevin saw in dismay as the time on his phone was getting closer and closer to to 7:00am. He could not clock in late again, his strict boss wouldn't allow it, and he would lose his job. He ran like his life depended on it, in some ways it actually did. He could see Candy Club from where he was running, all he had to do was get to it in time. He sprinted across the sidewalk, until he finally made it to the entrance of Candy Club. He made it in time, and more importantly, his job was safe. Kevin clocked in and sighed. He'd have to deal with annoying customers, with no sleep on his side. Oh boy would it be a long shift for him.

Streber was frantically searching for a dark place to spend the daytime, vampires burned in sunlight after all, and the sun was almost visible in the sky. There seemed to be no good spot Streber could spend hiding from the day. Sure there were slim shadows Streber could slip into, but those shadows would get slimmer and slimmer, and as a consequence, Streber would be a burning ash by high noon. His time was running out. He could see the orange ball of death on the horizon. He needed to hide somewhere now. There were some buildings near Streber, all were closed, except for one. A candy shop, by the name of "Candy Club." Streber really didn't want to go in a public space like that, what if someone saw his vampiric features and put two and two together? Then again.... Better to have a chance of dying rather than a death sentence of staying out here with the sun. He frantically ran to the store's door, opening it and waiting for the employee to invite him in.