Chapter 1

~ ~ ~

I thought I'd share a little fun fact about myself since it pops up in my writing. I'm Canadian. Us Canadians spell stuff differently sometimes. About half the time, we spell stuff the British way (like Colour) and the other half, we spell like Americans (like apologize). Officially speaking, our country spells the British way, but that's not how your typical Canadian will necessarily spell; it varies from person to person. That's why you'll see a mix of spelling styles in my writing!

***Did you guys know that Canada can provide Asylum to LGBTQIA+ members (eg. transgender people). I just wanted to let everyone know, as I know transgenderism is being attacked and making it dangerous/deadly for transgender people in some places. You can come to Canada! You'll have to qualify as a refugee by citing risks (eg. discriminatory laws) that are based on your sexual orientation and/or gender identity.

~ ~ ~

Chapter 1

Everyone was chatting with each-other in little groups, joking and discussing past events and plans for the future. Although there weren't many of them, the lively talk filled the room. 

Peter sat awkwardly staring out the window and spinning back and forth on his chair. His fingers toyed with a loose string on the cuff of his sleeve and his leg bounced. After sitting all day in class, he was having a hard time staying still.

Plus, he'd been waiting here for, like, five billion years!

Finally, the man, the myth, the legend strolled through the door, mug of coffee in hand and sunglasses on. "Everyone shut up. I have a hangover."

Cheery as ever.

It'd been about a year and a half since Tony almost died using the Stones to defeat Thanos. Peter could still hear the beep beep beep of the heart monitor as he lay in a coma for 4 months straight. Peter hadn't gotten to spend too much time there, not wanting to disturb the Starks. He was only Tony's 'intern' after-all. He wasn't sure how appropriate his presence would have been.

It was usually an illusion whenever he felt close to someone; he tended to latch onto people pretty easily while they never felt the same way. And Tony definitely wouldn't be the type to reciprocate, that was for sure. Nonetheless, Peter had felt his heart stop when he'd seen the man half-dead on the battlefield all those months ago.

And then there was the whole situation with Stephen, Osborn and... May. Peter thanked Odin, or God, or whatever entity, that Stephen was able to cast the original Runes of Kof-Kol - the one that would only erase Spider-Man. Peter wasn't one for good fortune, but he had to admit he'd lucked out with that one, especially since Stephen was nice enough to keep the memories of a select few people: himself, Mr. Stark, Happy, Ned, and MJ. Peter was pretty sure MJ and Ned were the only reason he hadn't spiralled past the point of recovery.

To say the least, it had been a rough past year and a half, but he was still here. He was still breathing. And now here he was at a meeting with the freaking Avengers. May would've been proud of him.

He missed her.

He was determined to keep making her proud, to keep helping people, as hard as it could be at times, especially when he had to hear Jameson yelling on the big screen everytime he swung through Times Square. He couldn't really complain, though. He was enabling the man after-all by providing him with pictures and videos of Spider-Man all the time.

"How nice of you to finally grace us with your presence, Stark. Now sit down and shut up." Fury - the real legend - glared daggers- ahem dagger at Tony, who rolled his eyes and took his seat at the head of the table.