Not So Smart Phone

Start from the beginning

I dropped the ball and started to concentrate as a ball of electricity began to form in my hands. I released the ball of electricity at Chase and sent him flying backward into the pins, knocking them all over. Sparks of electricity were coming out of his hair as he lay on the floor. We all ran over to Chase.

"And we have a loser!" Leo says, pointing the camera at Chase.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"All right, huddle up, team. Tomorrow's our biggest day of the year. For us techies, this is our World Series. And I'm your starting quarterback." Scott says as his staff stands around him.

"Go, team!" Chase says as he and Scott try to give each other high-fives but they miss their hands. "Scott, I've studied all the specs. Ready to assist any customer who needs help."

"Great, 'cause we're gonna have more people in this store than ever before. Any questions?" Scott says.

Caitlin raises her hand. "Can we not do the sale?"

"Caitlin, remember what I said? Think before you speak, and then don't speak." Scott says. He walks away and Caitlin starts making faces.

"You ok?" Chase asks.

"I'm fine. Just not a big fan of crowds." Caitlin says. "When I worked at the Pretzel Hut, we had this big three-for-one sale. It was a madhouse, and the customers wouldn't leave me alone. They all wanted the last cinnamon pretzel, so I did what any sane person would do: I ate it. Then I sprayed everyone with hot butter and ran. Anyway, I'm gonna go grab a pretzel." Caitlin leaves the store. Mr. Davenport walks in and gives Caitlin a weird look when she starts making weird faces again. He walks up to Chase.

"Mr. Davenport, what are you doing here?" Chase asks. "We're not allowed visitors at work."

"I'm not a visitor. I'm a celebrity." Mr. Davenport says. "And this celebrity needs a favor. Tomorrow is my anniversary, and all Tasha wants is that stupid ePhone. Even though I can make something better out of junk from the trash. So, if I get her one early, it will make her feel special. So just go grab me a phone so I don't have to stay in line all night with these losers."

"No way. I could lose my job." Chase says. "You have to go wait in that line."

Mr. Davenport chuckles. "Seriously?"

"Now!" Chase says.

"Fine! Where's the end of the line?" Mr. Davenport asks.

"See that security guard with the golf cart?" Chase says.

"Yeah, that's not so bad." Mr. Davenport says.

"Yeah, well, you might want to stop and ask him for a lift 'cause the line ends a mile past that," Chase says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Whose limo's blocking the bus lanes?" Leo asks as he, Bree, and I enter the school.

"I don't know but I always wanted to ride in one," Bree says. "They look so classy." Suddenly, trumpets play and a red carpet is rolled out down the hallway. Principal Perry enters the school, wearing an ugly robe.

"Mornin', sewer sacks!" Perry says.

"Then again, looks can be deceiving," Bree says.

"Sorry about blocking the bus lanes. Can't walk too far in these. Haven't worn heels this high since I did the pageant tour." Perry says.

"You were in beauty pageants?" I ask.

"Yep, never won though. Apparently, it's not a talent to squat-lift a 250-pound barbell while rocking a bikini." Perry says.