Ep 2- Chapter Four

"How old are you?" Tess asks curiously at Ellie.
"Fourteen."
"Wow.. well I mean you got some balls on you sister."

I smile to myself seeing them two finally not at each other's throats.

"Thanks." Ellie replies

Silence fills between us for a moment when Tess speaks up again, "so nobody's gonna be coming after you, right? Like Mom, Dad, boyfriend?

"I'm an orphan and uh no.." she says slightly awkwardly and I catch what she means but I don't mention it any more.

"So, (Y/N).. you got a boyfriend.." She give a pause for a moment. "or girlfriend, I don't judge." She says as she looks between me and Joel.

I look at her sceptically. "No.. I've had both in the past, but no."

A/N- I'm bisexual so you are too 😍 I don't care if you ain't, you are now 😃✨

"I seem to be in luck." She says as she looks between me and Joel with a smirk on her face.

"Tess I am flattered but I'm not interested in you." I say sarcastically.

A/N- NO PLEASE I DIDN'T MEAN IT TESS I SWEAR 🙏🏻🙏🏻

"Very funny." She says sarcastically with a fake laugh.

"Everyone said the open city was crazy." Ellie says interrupting us. "Like, swarms of infected running around everywhere."

"Nah, well not here anyways." I say as I fiddle with my necklace once more.

"You're doing it again." Joel says as he points to my necklace and I mutter a "..oh shut up.." and tucked it back in my shirt once again as I see Joel with a smug smirk on his face.

"You know people like to tell stories." Tess says and I give an agreeing nod.

"So they're aren't super infected that explode fungus spores on you?" Ellie asks.

"Shit I hope not." Tess says while walking.

"Unfortunately.. there is." I say with a bit of a laugh. "Bloaters." I add.

"...or ones with split-open heads that can see in the dark like bats?" Ellie asks cautiously.

Tess and Joel just give each other a look but don't say anything.

I give a sigh and reply, it's always my job to explain everything I swear to god, "No, those don't exist, luckily."

Suddenly we stop dead in our tracks as we hear a noise, it sounds like infected but I can't quite make it out.

"What was that?" Ellie asks with her faces filled with worry.

"Let's keep moving." Joel mutters and I start walking once again.

A/N- 1) SORRY I HAVENT WROTE IN A WHILE <3

2) IK ITS SHORT AND BAD BUT I WROTE THIS YESTERDAY AND THEN I HAD TO STOP TO GO THROW UP SOOO 😭 (and then I was up all night being sick but I'm slaying) SO SOZ ITS SHORT (I'm doing the next chapter now dw)

Date finished- 18/5/23
Word count- a petty 483 words 🤠