Chapter Thirty Seven

[Lexington's P.O.V]

The carriage pull up with Madison looking stunning as ever. She step down holding the red rose & champagne bottle. She took my breathe my away. She walk over to me as her family appeared from the other side , her facial expression immediately change. I could literally see her heart beating in her chest. She approach me so now we are face to face. "What's going on, Lecxington?" She questioned. "Madison , since the first day I seen you at work. You swept me off my feet. I never had the guts to tell you how I actually felt about you. So when you came up with this plan of me being your fake fiance , I jump at it. I thought maybe this was my chance to get you to fall for me the way I had fell for you. For you to actually see me as more than just your co-worker. And along this adventure I just fell deeper & it wasn't as easy as I thought." I said. "I jump to conclusions & coming back I made a mistake of jumping in bed with Amber. I just thought there was no more chance for me & you. I'm sorry I hurt you. I never meant to make you hurt. And all I could do is apologize." I added. "Lexington...I..." She uttered. "I'm here in front of you , Maddie because I can't be without you anymore in my life. I want to grow old with you & be with you forever more." I continued as I got down on one knee pulling out a blue box. Her eyes started to well up with tears as she placed her hands over her moduth. "Madison Ryan will you marry me?" I ask. She look around as tears stream down her face. My heart began to race , what was her answered going to be. As I waited for to her to answer me , it started to sink in that this may not go as I planned. There is a possibility that she could say no. "Maddie?" I mumbled. We all waited for her answer. I just hope and prayed its the one that I wanted.