Chapter One

Read only chapters 1-14. Other chapters are being edit and will be post them as soon as I can.

_____________________________________

Being a female in the Ryan family you are in constant pressure in finding the right man for yourself. Well that rule is only according to my mother. You see out of her four daughters, I'm the only one that hasn't met Mr. Right because I been too wrap up in building a career for myself. So having a social life has never really been that important too me.

And that is unacceptable to my mom, she believes every woman must stay home and take care of the house while the man makes the bacon. Which too me it's pretty old fashion to have that mentality.

I sorted through the papers piled up on my desk that needed to be completed before I headed off for a weeks vacation. A vacation that I for one have always dreaded. I managed to avoid last year but this year I wasn't able too. Many people would be thrilled to go to vacation in Hawaii but not me.

Why?

Because it was filled with my mom hounding me on when I was going to find the right guy. When was I going to focus less on work and more on finding love. It wasn't vacation for me. It was hell.

"Hey Maddie, a couple of us are going out for lunch! Care to join?" Lexington Cooper ask as he stood in my doorway.

"No! I can't I have too much work to attend to. Maybe some other time!" I answered.

Lexington walk over to my desk and leaned up against it. "Do you ever do more than just work?" he questioned.

"No Cooper, I don't. Work is the only thing important too me." I replied.

"Fine be a prude. Lexington chuckled as he began walking out of my office and stop at the doorway. "Don't have too much fun." He joked and walk away.

I rolled my eyes and buried myself back in my work. I never understood why people judge me for being career focused. It was just the only thing that was really important to me.

My phone began to ring and it was none other than my mom.

"Hi mom." I answered.

"Hey Maddie! I'm just calling to make sure you have everything set for next weeks vacation." She responded.

"Yes mom. I'm just finishing up some work and then I'm all set." I groaned.

"Work, work, work. That's all you ever talk about. You need to find a nice young man like your sisters. We are all going to have our men by our side and you are going to be alone. It's a shame, Maddie because you are such a beautiful girl." My mom rambled on and on.

"Mom, we already talk about this." I sighed.

"You know what Maddie, I am going to invite that nice boy that had a crush on you in high school. What was his name again? Jason." She suggested.

"No, you don't have to do that." I objected.

"And why not? You need a man." She responded.

"I was going to surprise you but I have a fiance." I stupidly said.

"What a fiance? I didn't know you were even dating anyone!" I could hear the excitement in my mother's voice.

"I know mom but I wanted to keep our relationship a secret but last month he decided to propose to me. I obviously said yes. So I think this vacation was the perfect time for him to meet the family." I lied.

"Oh Maddie, I'm so happy. I can't wait to meet him." She answered.

"Yeah me too." I realized what I had gotten myself into. I had gotten myself into a lie that I couldn't get out of.

"Well mom I have too go. I need to finish this work. I love you." I said.

"Okay, sweetie. I love you too. See you next week." She hung up the phone.

Now where was I going to find me in a fiance in a matter of days. Where?