Chapter 5: Falling Apart

Start from the beginning

A tall figure appeared in the entryway of the kitchen and we all froze.

"Dad..." We said together.

"What is this mess!? What the hell did you three do to the kitchen!?" Dad yelled. I flinched while Alexandria backed behind me and Alexandra. Damn. We were in big trouble now.

I got up from the floor after Alexandria got off of me. I was going to be sore tomorrow but my bruises were already healing. I smoothed out my clothes and got some cinnamon milk on my hands. I frowned and wiped it on the dry parts of my pants. It should be inside of me not on me. I'm going to get Dria back for making me waste my cereal. No one comes in between me and my Cinnamon Toast Crunch. No one. Not even Vinnie. Well, that's a maybe.

I rubbed my eyes and saw Dad standing in front of us, his face contorted in anger. If he was a balloon he would have already popped.

"What is..." He looked back and lowered his voice.
"What is going on?!" He whispered.

I guessed mom was sleeping and he didn't want to wake her up. She was sleeping for three (twins). It runs in the family from Dad's side I guess.

"Well," I began."Dria started it. She kept telling me to tell Vinnie and she kept calling me her little brother. She just suddenly attacked me." I scoffed and crossed my arms.
"I'm very shaken up." I cleared my throat from the "lump" that had formed and blinked back fake tears.

I turned to glare at Dria. My eyes met her fully black ones and I growled instinctively. My eyes chilled over. Once a vampire sees another vampire with their black eyes staring at them, instincts kick in telling them it's a threat. I hissed at her and she hissed back, her fangs descending. Dad sighed and walked over to us. We looked back at him.

"Alexandria's right. You have to go to the mate party tonight and tell the girl you're her mate. She probably doesn't even know what she's feeling. Isn't she human?" He gave me a stern look and my eyes warmed back up. Dria stuck her tongue out at me. So immature.
"Go get ready. All three of you and go upstairs quietly." I looked at my clothing and sighed.

Now I would have to change and take another shower because I smelled like cinnamon. I groaned and pushed Dria on the way upstairs. She yelped and tripped over a step, falling down but not before grabbing my ankle. I fell and hit my chin on the top stair as I slid down a few. I growled and rubbed my chin as I narrowed my eyes at her. She smiled innocently. Before I could say something, dad growled.

"I said quietly!" He roared. 

I scrambled up the rest of the stairs and ran into my room, pushing Dria face first into her closed bedroom door. She huffed at me as I closed my door and stuck my tongue out at her. I decided I could take a few hours since the party wasn't until 10. I guess I could relax in the meantime and find out how I was going to talk to Vinnie about being her mate since it seemed she couldn't tell at all. I guess I'll figure it out after I see her at the party. Aimme told me she would definitely be going, so I needed to look my best when she saw me again. I threw off my shirt and looked in my closet for some new clothes. It was then that I realized I had barely anything that looked good. I sighed and thumbed through the clothing until I came across a pair of black jeans and a navy blue shirt. I smiled and took them down, finally happy I had at least some pairs of impressing clothing. I laid them on my bed and went to go take a shower. Damn you Alexandria Rein.

* * *

I went downstairs and picked up one of my black converse sneakers that I had left down here, putting it on and fixing my hair. I looked at the time on my phone to see that we had spent most of the afternoon getting ready. It was already 10 pm and I was all ready to go. Well, I was but it seems one person wasn't near being ready. I sighed and plopped down on the couch, playing Tetris as Lex came down. She was in a pair of black sweats and a purple tank top, hoodie in hand. I grimaced and shook my head as she tied her hair into a messy bun. She was never happy about the mate parties and everyone in the family knew she would probably be the last one to find hers. As she sat down, Dad came out of the kitchen with four bottles of blood. He gave me a look and headed back upstairs, no doubt to deliver those to mom. Maybe that would be me in a few years if everything between me and Vinnie went well. I smiled to myself.