"Yung, snap out of it!" Hongjoong screamed, begging with all of his heart.

He was already backpedaling, red eyes searching for any kind of out. But the hunter knew all of the outs, there was no escape.

"Snap out of it?" Yung laughed, in a flash appearing before Hongjoong, pressing the knife to the vampires throat. "There's nothing to snap out of Joong."

"Yes there is and you know there is." Hongjoong continued to raise his voice, managing to kick his partner away from him. He stood on the defense while the hunter only regained himself with a sick smile. This was all a game to him. "You disappear for six months then return to me like this? What happened to you Yung?"

There was a hesitancy in the hunters movement, his eyes fading only to grow brighter.

"I have a mission, and my mission is to kill you." Yung screamed before lunging towards Hongjoong once more, swinging his knife like a madman.

Hongjoong disappeared, reappearing in sight on top of a nearby phone booth. He was crouched low, red eyes trying to determine the hunters next movements.

"You and I both know our entire relationship hasn't been a lie." Hongjoong spoke with anger, still trying to catch his breath. It was so difficult to try and wrap his mind around this entire situation. "You haven't tried to attack me since when we met nearly eight years ago. You abandoned the hunters organization, and we were happy. We went on so many of our own mission together to get what we needed to survive. We spent so many nights together, awake just staring at the stars. Yung this isn't you!"

"Get off there and fight me Hongjoong." The hunter had no regard to the words being said, merely wiping his knife on his pants before twisting it in his hand again.

"We're bonded! We aren't supposed to fight like this!" Hongjoong stood, but made no move to get off his high ground. "We were so in love, I'm still in love with you. I don't know why you left, but if it was something I did then you just have to tell me."

"Enough of this!" Yung screamed again, throwing his knife at Hongjoong.

In a swift movement, Hongjoong caught the knife, inches away from his heart. Now he crouched again, twisting the knife in his own hand.

"Using the knife I made you against me? I didn't think you'd stoop that low." Hongjoong smirked darkly, looking down at the weapon for a moment before putting his eyes back on the hunter. "Do you remember the day I gave this to you? It was our first anniversary of being together."

Again Yung's eyes faltered, this time pulsating in brightness. He stumbled backwards, hands gripping his head as if he was at war with himself. Hongjoong watched from his position, looking around the street to ensure they were still alone. When he looked back to the hunter, the purple eyes were trained back on him, a gun now in his hand.

Letting out a defeated sigh, Hongjoong jumped off the phone booth, landing with grace despite his injuries. Now he was the one twirling the knife in his hand, head still cocked to the side as he took steps towards Yung. The hunter was now the one taking steps backwards, hand visibly shaking, unable to hold the gun steady.

"We can work through this, can't we?" Hongjoong tried to sound more like himself, but he couldn't let his guard down, not after what happened. "I can forgive you, you know that right?"

Yung was shaking his head, eyes glowing brighter than before.

A gunshot bounced around the streets.

Hongjoong dropped the knife, clutching his side. His breathing faltered, looking up in shock at the person he thought he knew better. After that, Yung looked to be in even more pain than Hongjoong.