The hunter frowned, watching Hongjoong closely.

"I'm sure you'll tell us what all happened when we're all together. Easier than telling the story five separate times." Wooyoung had a bit of sassiness to his voice, it was the easiest way to cover other things he felt. Hongjoong hummed and nodded his head, looking back at the hunter. "Just...well did you get what you were looking for? Was it what you expected?"

Hongjoong sighed, his shoulders visibly deflating.

"I wasn't entirely sure what I was expecting." Hongjoong admitted monotonously, conflict clear on his features. "I got what I needed though, but it just looked like another piece to the puzzle. I thought this would be the end, but I don't think I'm even close."

Wooyoung felt his throat tighten, a debate happening in his mind.

"What is it?" Wooyoung ended up asking, unable to hold back his curiosity.

"It was a model pirate ship." Hongjoong revealed, tone making him sound almost upset with that answer.

Wooyoung's features formed a confused look.

"What?" Wooyoung's voice raised in pitch, shaking his head in disbelief. "That's what you were looking for?"

"Apparently." Hongjoong sighed, taking a long look at Wooyoung. "There's another clue in it, I know there is. As much as I hate to say it, that would've been too simple of a final solution."

"I don't get what you're doing." Wooyoung said, shifting his arms a bit only to sit completely upright again.

There was a small smile on Hongjoong's lips, a sad smile.

"I guess I should come clean." Hongjoong muttered, voice becoming quieter. "Wooyoung, I'm about to tell you something I haven't even told any of the others, so I need you to listen closely."

Wooyoung was shocked, and his face showed it. "What? Why me?"

"You'll understand why." Hongjoong said softly, taking a deep breath and looking down. He fiddled with the ruined hem of his shirt for a moment before gaining the courage to speak. "The truth is, this quest I'm on was my partners final wish. The truth is..." Hongjoong trailed off, looking up to meet Wooyoung's eyes again. "I was also bonded to someone, many, many years ago."

Wooyoung felt like his own breathing was too loud in the room in that moment. He wasn't entirely sure of what he was hearing, but he made sure to listen intently and absorb every bit of information he was receiving. For some reason he felt very strange, like time stopped and his body became completely frozen.

"I was bonded to a hunter. Just like how San is bonded to you." Hongjoong continued with a now shaky voice, tears brimming his eyes. The greatest sign of weakness from the leader. "They were my entire life, but...."

Hongjoong ran at full speed through the moonlit town streets. His chest heaved, begging for more air, but he couldn't stop, not even for a moment. He had to escape, he had to run away, there was no other choice. At least to get out of the town, where it would be harder for him to be tracked.

Pushing himself like this would only come with consequences, even at his young age Hongjoong knew that. He could feel his vampiric energy draining from his body with each step. The blood seeping from his open wounds didn't help.

Right on the town edge Hongjoong came to a sudden stop, his feet digging into the cement to skid a little before regaining his balance. There before him was his enemy, cutting him off, just like old times.

"You should know you can't escape Hongjoong." The bright purple eyes from the speaker illuminated the street, evil smirk on their features. In their hand was a knife, which was carelessly twirled around.