"Hey! Congrats Annie!" Reiner said as he picked her up to hug her. Bertholdt ran over to get in on the action. "We're so proud of our baby!" He cried.

The group could only laugh at Annie's annoyed face as both of them hugged her to death. "Okay." she sighed while trying to sooth her crying 'mothers'.

"We should all have a campfire tonight." Connie suggested after the two muscle heads stopped squeezing Annie. "I'll set it up at my cabin!"

Eren nodded with excitement. "Alright! Mikasa are you up for it?" He asked.

"Sure."

Everyone else agreed as they all started walking off to Connie's cabin since night was fast approaching. The fire pit wasn't much to set up as they all sat outside and waited for sunset to go down. Connie's backyard was on a hill, which was the perfect place for all of them to watch the sun go down together.

"Wow..." Jean said as leaned back against a log. "Hey guys? Did any of you ever think we would make it this far? Like, alive right now."

Every person thought about it for awhile. They were lucky enough to even have this moment.

Connie spoke up first, "To be honest, I thought Eren was going to be the first to go."

"Shut up Connie!" Eren yelled as he punched him in the shoulder. The baldie laughed in response.

"It's true!" He laughed. "You were the most reckless back then and Mikasa always had to kick your ass for it."

Jean and the rest of the guys laughed as well.

"Shit! Eren is still reckless!" Reiner said.

Jean looked back at Connie. "And Mikasa still beats his ass to this day!"

More laughter was heard until they heard snoring to right. Armin fell asleep on them. Eren threw a small rock at his head to wake up the blonde.

"W-what?!" Armin yelled as he quickly rubbed his head. "Why did you do that?" He asked.

Connie ignored them and thought a bit. "Hey.. Who knew that Armin Arlert, the bookworm, would get the one and only Annie Leonhardt?" He asked everyone. "And! He was the first out of all of us to even get a girlfriend."

"I know right?" Jean tagged in. "Our little Armin is a full grown man now! He even has muscles. Muscles!"

Armin only blushed at their teasing.

"But! Was he the first to.. " Reiner whispered. ".. get it?"

"Okay that's it guys!" Armin jumped them and all went tumbling down the hill.

"I think that's the answer to your question, Reiner." Ymir chuckled as they watched the four guys wrestle with each other.

Armin gasped to catch his breath as he climbed back up the hill with a non tired group behind him.

Connie sat back down with a sleeping Sasha. "I take that as a 'yes'."

Annie and Mikasa sighed at their foolishness. Say they're men, still act like boys.

.

Exhaustion hit them hours later as they all headed back to their cabins and turned in for the night. "Goodnight!" They all said and separated at the end of the paths.

Armin held Annie's hand as they made it to their cabin. She wanted to move in with him 2 years after she came to the Corps. Of course, Armin couldn't deny her.

"Hey." he stopped them on their porch and pulled her to the chair swing. "You haven't said much all evening. Are you okay?" He asked with full concern.

"I don't say much in general." Annie shrugged. "Tonight wasn't different."

Armin pulled her closer and sighed. "I know." A long silence followed them afterwards and both stared at the night sky. Armin had a feeling that Annie wasn't telling him the truth. He knows there is something wrong with her and she trying to avoid the question. It was best to give her some time.

"Come on. Let's get inside." Annie said as she sat up and opened the front door. Armin followed behind her.

.

Annie finished taking out her hair in the bathroom. She turned off all the lights then noticed that Armin wasn't in the room. "Arm-" Annie was cut off when a pair of arms wrapped around her and threw her on the bed. Right when her body hit the sheets she hit the person on the shoulder. "Hey! You can't just do that!"

Armin climbed on top of her to start kissing her neck. His male dominance was kicking in as his lips started making its way up her jawline.

Annie couldn't help but give into Armin when he was like this. His kisses melted the barriers she puts up and let's him in every time. "A-Armin.." She gasped at the sensation.

"Now that I have your attention." Armin pinned her arms back and stopping his actions. "What was up with you tonight?"

"You're such a tease." she huffed, a bit disappointed when he stopped.

Armin pouted at her response. "Come on. You know you can tell me anything."

Annie looked away to the side of the bed. "Fine. But I can't talk to you if we're in this position." A tint of pink appeared on her cheeks.

Armin chuckled at her reaction. "Okay, okay." He let go of her and sat at her side.

Annie sat up with him and sighed. "Well. I've been thinking.." she still didn't want to look into his eyes. "I think that.." This was really hard for her as small tears came down her face. "We should.. take a break."

The last words were like a slap to Armin's face. "W-what?" Of all the years they have been together, why today? "Annie."

"I don't feel like I deserve you. Spending these years, fooling myself that I can work it out. Redeem what I have done in the past. 3 years of pent up anger at myself." Annie's voice got shakier. "I'm a horrible person. I've tried so hard to hide these feelings and tell myself that I'm wrong. But, it's hard when the person I love.. is standing in front of me and doesn't realize how much I've hurt him. Or how many people I have murdered." She grabbed his hands firmly and looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Why did they choose me to be a leader when all I did was kill my comrades? Why?! Why did YOU choose me?"

This must have been stressful for Annie. He has never seen her so torn apart like this and his own heart ached at the sight in front of him. She was the most composed person he has ever met. These thoughts must've been eating her up on the inside.

"Annie. It's okay." Armin could only say those words as he pulled her close to his chest. Her sobbing was hard and he could only hold her at this point. She deserved this. Annie deserved happiness.

"Why Armin?!" She cried in his shirt.

Armin pulled her up and wiped her tears. "Hey. They choose you because you are a leader. Trust me, you have redeemed yourself a long, long time ago. You need to stop doubting yourself. You deserve the happiness you have. We are all here for you and won't let you give up like this. As for me? I choose you because I thought that you were the most beautiful, strong, and intelligent girl I knew. And I was right. You're the opposite of a horrible person but, everything you just said was a lie. You're not a muderer. You're Annie. And Annie Leonhardt doesn't not act like this." He smiled before kissing her lips.

Annie responded as the words of his speech hit her. "Armin. Thank you." she said as they pulled apart.

"Now I hope we're not taking that break because, I'm not letting you go."

"Guess not." Annie replied with a smile.

"Good." Armin wrapped his arms around her waist and laid them on the bed. "I love you Annie."

Annie kissed his forehead. "Love you too."

Her mind was cleared from her crazy and unneeded thoughts afterwards. Armin did that. She knew those foolish thoughts were lies. He just calmed her and helped with taming them. This man really did love her. He saved her life on countless times and never gave up, ever.

Armin Arlert was her sanity.