" my.. past life? " | sixteen

Start from the beginning

" ??? " The girl looked at him confused. The boy suddenly disappeared, while the girl was left dumbfounded by the short conversation, well, she was the one really talking.

" And.. he's gone. " The girl sighs, before returning to her room. Maybe I could ask Verr Goldet about Xiao, she seems like she knows him well, since it seems like Xiao comes here very often. The girl begins to walk over to the front desk.

" Hm.. A bag full of supplies for Liyue, a vision, but normal yet not normal clothing.. you must be a traveling merchant who had recently gotten a vision.. " A woman smiles. " Wait how'd you know? " The girl asks. " It's obvious. " The woman replies.

" .. Anyways.. could you tell me about Xiao, the adeptus here? " The girl asks. " Oh? You met Xiao? " The woman asks. " Well.. he saved me a week ago when I was delivering some cargo to Liyue, so I wanted to thank him after I booked a room here for a few days.. " The girl scratches her head.

" Well, that's quite shocking. It's not often he's in a good mood to talk to anybody. " The woman explains. I just looked at her, a little confused. " ..That's his good mood? " The girl asks.

" Well yes. The adepti are very hard to come by. Many people go their whole lives praying to them, never once actually getting to see one. " The woman continues. " When the Geo Archon built Liyue, he borrowed power from the adepti. "

" ..But most of them only know how you protect Liyue by fighting. " She pauses. " So for many millennia, it has instead been humans who have led Liyue, whilst the adepti have lived away on the outskirts. "

" Wow, you know a lot.. " The girl looked impressed. " Ah, yes, but I'm getting a strong sense of Deja vu explaining this.. " The woman mumbled. " Wait, so how can I - " The girl gets cutoff by the woman.

" Now, if you would like to hear my opinion on the matter, if you keep Xiao in a good mood, things should be okay. " The woman continues. I just stare at her, processing it all. " Your look on your face is quite funny! This will be interesting, won't it? " The woman let out a chuckle, smiling at the girl.

" How about this -- you go see the chef for a bowl of Almond Tofu, and a plate of whatever it is your best at making. " The woman continued. " Almond Tofu is one of the few human foods Xiao likes. The other dish is up to you. "

" Alright thanks! " The girl smiles at the woman, before heading to the lower levels of the Wangshu Inn.

·̩͙꒰ঌ✞໒꒱· ゚

A boy is seen standing on the balcony. The girl quickly walks up to him, holding a dish of both Almond Tofu, and some Chicken Mushroom Skewer. The boy turns around, facing the girl. " You again. " The boy comments.

" What's this? " He asks, while the girl offered both dishes to the boy. " It's your favorite, Almond Tofu! And I also made some Chicken Mushroom Skewer. " The girl smiled.

The boy began eating the Almond Tofu, saving the Chicken Mushroom Skewer for last. The boy sits on the floor, continuing to snack on both dishes. The girl sits beside.

·̩͙꒰ঌ✞໒꒱· ゚

The girl was seen, crying and sitting on a stone. Her cargo was left to the side, the girl just couldn't control it anymore. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her eyes becoming blurred due to her tears.

The girl was overwhelmed by so much, and extremely tired. Suddenly, a boy appears in front of her. The boy's eyes trailed everywhere on the girl. Her face, her eyes, her lips, her tears.