Ch. 1: A guilty pleasure

Dublin, Ireland

2022
24th of July

Dublin Ireland, the wealthiest city of the country. Most rich people live there. A lot of people look up to the rich, but should they really?

McCarthy Estate

In this mansion lived quite the family. The McCarthy family was well known for the head of the family's, Zeke McCarthy's achievements. Because of him the McCarthy family runs all the trade with other countries. However, his son wasn't nothing either, Connor McCarthy has opened multiple orphanages, financially supporting children hospital and putting an end to some underground gang's. Did this all go without any issues? Is he really that perfect?

It was a hot night in July, the McCarthy's threw a big party before the family would go on a business trip. The trip's destination was Wales, and they are celebrating because they officially got themselves a deal with one of the most important Irish companies. Every one of the family was going, Zeke, his wife Maria, and his daughter Alice. The only one who wasn't coming was Connor, he said it was because of business reasons, however he just wants to be home alone for a small bit.

"I am so proud of you; you have made a lot of progress Zeke" Iris O'Brian said. Iris was the owner of half of Ireland water industry. "It's a pleasure to see you Iris, long time no see." The McCarthy's and O'Brian's have always been partners. The families date back to ancient Ireland, where both of them were noble families around the 7th century. This was until Britain overthrew them. Another couple was approaching Iris and Zeke, ah yes, the Walsh's, originally known as the Breathnach family. They were forced to change their name upon the British people taking over. Now they're famous for their many oil farms in the middle east. Petra, who married into the Walsh family asked "About Connor, you must be so proud. We'd wish our daughter, Claire, would actually care about our legacy, but she doesn't. She wants to be a barber or something silly like that." "If that's what makes her happy, she should do that. Besides, don't you have many more children. You certainly know how to keep it going let me tell you that." Iris exclaimed. "Please excuse me" Zeke took a few steps back "Alice please get Connor down here".

Not long later a tall boy, with curly black hair walked down the stairs into the party. He drew all the girl's attention. Iris pinched Zeke's arm "you certainly raised a gentleman".

Now this story isn't about what happens at the party, so let's skip to the following night.

Connor has been home alone for a day. Connor's girlfriend, Alicia Brown, asked to come over, but he told her he's too busy with work. Alicia knew all of Connor's secrets regarding putting an end to underground organizations, but she would never tell despite him never wanting her to come over.
Why doesn't he want Alicia to come over? Because he's cheating on her. He has a what the youngsters nowadays call "side-chick". This "side-chick" is called Caitlin. They had the following conversation.

"Hey Caity, I told that Alicia that she isn't welcome right now, so... feel free to come any moment"
"Are you sure it's okay? I don't want to be the homewrecker of you guys' relationship."
"As if Alicia is going to find out, be here at 10. I am missing you."
"I'll be there at 11, I am currently still with my sick grandma"
"Ugh fine, but if you're later than 11, I will never let you get any food in any retail store. You hear me?"

Now you might already be wondering to yourself, "didn't Connor open multiple orphanages? And didn't he support children's hospitals?" well maybe you shouldn't always trust someone you've known for 2 pages long. I'll leave it up to you for now to decide whether or not you believe he did all that. We might get to that part later.

2 hours later and its 10:55 PM. Connor was kind of worried, because Caitlin always used to come 10 minutes before she says she'll arrive. And if she might be late, then she would already have texted him. Connor thinks to himself "What if something happened to her? Maybe Alicia found out and got to her? Or I am just overthinking. To be completely honest, it wouldn't meant that much since I can get as many girls as I want. It's just that there won't be anyone to satisfy me tonight".