𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬

Start from the beginning

Grace knew Angel liked her very much, not love, but like. He just didn't know how to show it unlike Grace who always showered him with all sorts of affection.

It's okay, right? When your boyfriend doesn't look at you, or rarely hangs out with you, right?

──⇌••⇋──

Soda made his way towards the snack shack, dollars held between his grip. A slight smile glistened between his lips as he adjusted his platted shirt.

Soda felt...Soda knew something was off about Sandy. Not about their relationship, but about Sandy. She's been more distant as ever, and incredibly closed off from Soda in the last few weeks.
Soda didn't do anything at least from his perspective, always going through all memories to see what he did wrong.

Soda didn't know if he loved Sandy anymore, and he felt immense guilt over it. He felt like a fraud, and a liar.

The money suddenly flew from his grip and off into the parking lot, running after it as he cursed underneath his breath.

──⇌••⇋──

"Angel, did I do something wrong?" Grace tilted her head to meet Angel's look, who glared sharply at her.
Scoffing as they waited patiently in line, he raised his arm up.

"Grace, how many damn times do I gotta' tell you to shut it." He whispered as Grace shrugged, scrunching her nose.
"I feel like you've, like you've..." Angel turned towards her with such a spark in his eye, a spark she felt like she had to keep up with.
"Like..."

"Like what?"

"Nevermind." Angel grinned as his grip on her hip tightened, Grace squirmed as she sniffled.
'Why am I squirming, I can't be uncomfortable around Angel.'

This was only one of the many moments Grace felt unloved or strongly disliked by Angel, if so, why did he even have her around? Does he think that she's cheating? Is he cheating? Did someone tell him something? Does he feel forced, am I forcing him?

I held the soda between my hands, my cold feeling damped my finger tips as I only thirsted for the ice cubes in it.

"I need to get something from the car—"
I made my way towards past Angel, who made me stop in my steps by catching grasp of my wrist.
I snapped my eyes onto him, "what?"

"Well, you wanted to talk and now I'm here."
Grace scoffed, twisting her wrist, "let me go now, don't wanna ruin your reputation, don't we?" She glared as Angel scoffed.

Grace tore her wrist from his grip, hastily making her way out as anger fumed from her chest which heavily pounded.

Making her way into the parking lot, muttering when she found a two dollar bill on the floor.
Crouching down to get it, holding her dress down with the soda in her hand.

Picking it up, she flattened out the wrinkly edges, hearing footsteps approaching, standing up.
"Hey, miss, may I have that bill? I lost all of my
money in the wind..."

Her eyes landed on a talk boy, his greasy hair immediately gave out that he's a Greaser. Platted shirt with cuffs around his arms, a plain black shirr underneath. Tan skin like mocha.

He studied the blonde girl, the ends of her hair curled as her blue eyes wandered around the lot. Her elegance and clothing immediately gave out that she's a Soc.
One of the prettiest he's seen.

"Oh," she handed him the bill, their soft fingers coming in brief contact to which Grace immediately pulled back.
"You lost all your money in the wind?"

The boy nodded 'yes' as he placed the money in his pocket.
"Here," the boy looked up and gulped at the sight of Grace hold out a ten dollar bill.
"I was leaving either way."

The boy stuttered as he pulled back, "miss, no—no—that's your money and I ain't gettin' involved with you Socs."

Grace furrowed her brows, "you think I'm just like them?" The boy silently shrugged as Grace tilted her head, reaching for his hand, which felt incredibly softer than Angels, placing the dollars.

"Thank you," the boy gulped as Grace gave him a subtle smile.

"GRACE!" A hoarse voice erupted, turning around, she found Angel who went through the parking lot as he called for her name.

Grace glanced at the boy who was placing the money into his pocket.
"Have a g'd night!" She whispered before jogging towards the back of the parking lot, Soda blinked in astonishment, he's never met a Soc so...kind?

'Grace...'

──⇌••⇋──