"So do you live at home or in the dorms," Phayu asks. "I'm trying to decide what I want to do."

Saifah raises an eyebrow at this, Phayu already has a small condo reserved just outside of campus.

"Oh, I share a dorm with my friend Sky," Rain says. "I seldom have time to sleep at home."

"What about during the school breaks?" Phayu asks.

Rain sighs, "I will be in Korea, I have some business to wrap up with our grandmother's estate."

For once Saifah is glad that Rain seldom has time to be home. Maybe with time Phayu will move on to a new target.

Phayu practically becomes a permanent fixture at Saifah's house and garage after that, often dragging Oat and Pai with him. Saifah's parents get used to seeing the four boys studying for their general admission exams or playing video games in the loft apartment above the garage or in Saifah's room at their house. To Phayu's disappointment and Saifah's delight, Phayu seldom catches even so much as a glimpse of Rain. When Rain is at the garage he is usually in with his parents or P'Nui the receptionist working on paperwork. The few times he has been home he has been locked in his room working on assignments or projects.

By the time Phayu's school break starts, Rain has already left for Korea. Phayu still spends most of his time at Saifah's, partially to kill time and partially to fish for information on Rain. Saifah won't talk to him at all about Rain, but Phayu manages to pick up some little tidbits from their parents. When he runs across one of Rain's school papers with his student ID on it he has Pai pull some strings so he will end up as Rain's code line junior. It's also by staying with Saifah that Phayu first learns of the illegal underground races that Saifah's dad is the main mechanic for. That's when Phayu decides to go to Saifah's dad and ask if he could work part time in the garage. He hints that he could use the money for school to help out his struggling parents, but fails to mention that his dad is a well off business owner and his mother helps out in the offices and with client meetings. To his surprise, Phayu finds he has a knack for working on all engines and he especially loves the big bikes that the garage takes care of for the races.

It also turns out that Oat and Pai both have a knack for racing bikes. That is why Saifah's dad gets permission from his boss, P'Pakin, to take the four of them to a few races over their school. Phayu and Saifah help out in the mechanic's pit and Oat and Pai race each other until people start to recognize their skills and issue some challenges, growing their reputation quickly. Rumors soon spread about the four kids barely out of highschool that are becoming P'Pakins favorites for each race.

Rain is delayed in Korea and doesn't get back to Bangkok until two days before classes start so the first time Phayu gets to see him again is at freshman orientation. Even better, Rain is the one to seek him out. Phayu barely keeps his mouth from dropping open. Rain has changed his hair while in Korea. Gone is the cute but slightly childish auburn mushroom style, his hair has gotten longer over break and he has dyed it a stunning shade of blond. It now hangs softly around his face.

"You changed your hair," Phayu manages, he hopes his voice sounds normal.

Rain nods, "I had the other style since highschool, I meant to change it a while ago but never seemed to get around to it. My cousin did it for me while in Korea, she is a hairdresser."

"It suits you," Phayu says and he feels like that could win the award for understatement of the year.

"Thank you. Oh, nong Phayu, the reason I sought you out is it turns out you are my code line junior." Rain says with a grin.

"Really? What a coincidence. It will be so nice to have someone I know to help me out though." Phayu says.

"I'm glad," Rain says. "Dad told me you were working at the garage now, too. I will be on hand to help you with your work anytime."