Small Date Night at Home

Start from the beginning

"Love?"

"Hm?" He acknowledged.

"Did you use my Ghost Orchid soap?" I smirked.

Hunter's face dusted rose, clearly embarrassed, "Y-Yesss. I did. I couldn't help it, it smells so nice. It reminds me of you."

"Well, you smell nice," I replied. Hunter seemed to soften at that. We separated from the hug just as the timer for the pizza sounded. "Don't worry, I got that. You go get dressed, we can eat, then I can do something with that long hair of yours."

"Sounds like a plan, be out in a few minutes. You look great in my sweaters by the way! Love you!" He agreed, walking to the bedroom.

"Love you too!" I shouted back, opening the oven.

------ Small Time skip, Bringing Back the Wonky Sayings: Brought to You by Belos Getting No Bitches after 400 Years of Life ------

When we finished our Pizza, Hunter's fingers were promptly messy with cheese and sauce. We were also slap-happy from telling jokes and telling each other about our crazy days. In fact Hooty thought it'd be fine to Owl Pellet Matt. That boy was SO traumatized. 

I took the plates and cleaned up as he had made dinner. He cleaned himself up and turned on some soft but lively music.

Once finished, I went to the bathroom to grab a brush and some small hair ties. Hunter sat patiently on the floor with a pillow for his back. (P/n) sat beside him with her fur being stroked by delicate fingers, snoring yet her tail moving to the rhythm of the music.

I heard the music through the halls, immediately syncing up with it, gently singing and swaying over to the couch. Hunter bobbed his head, chuckling at my figure awkwardly dancing, making its way over to him.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing, you're just very pretty," Hunter says.

Oh, my heart- It clenched and I blushed, scoffing.

I made my way to sit behind him, criss-crossed on the couch with supplies in hand. He laid his head back slightly, ready for his hair to be groomed however I pleased. I brushed his hair, running my fingers through, also massaging his head. The soothing conditioner softens the dirty blonde hair, weaving through.

"Your hair's really soft after you wash it," I remarked.

"Mhmm," Hunter acknowledged, enjoying the feel on his head. His eyes closed and his breaths deep and prolonged. I laid his head back, resting on the couch and kissed his forehead and he grinned in approval.

He opened his eyes, just simply to say, "I'm so in love with you, Y/n. Thank you."

A slow radiation of warmth spread over my face, "I'm so in love with you too, Hunter."

He smiled again, slightly pink in the cheeks. Then he closed his eyes again in relaxation and let me continue.

I began to separate parts of his hair. It was now a little longer so I wanted to play around a bit. Some knots got in the way but it worked. Gently as I tried, I braided pieces of his hair one piece at a time. As I made my way to the last one, I accidentally pulled a little too hard as a piece of hair was not willing to cooperate.

"Argh! Darling, please-" Hunter jumped.

"Sorry, Hunter. I didn't mean to do that. One of your hairs wasn't complying to treatment," I chuckled.

"What are you doing with my hair?" He wondered aloud.

"Just braiding it, like from those 'How to Train your Dragon' movies from the Human realm. Luz showed me them. Astrid loves to braid Hiccup's hair, so I figured give it a shot with yours," I explained.

"Keep working, just try not to pull too hard again," Hunter reminded.

"Of course," I kissed his head again as if to make the hurt go away. He sighed in content once more before I finished up, humming to the music. He got up, rubbing his sides and a little bit of his backside because his butt went numb. He went to the bathroom and checked out his new do.

"Do you like it?" I asked as he slid out of the bathroom in his fluffy socks.

"Of course, anything you do with my hair I love," He swooped me into a hug. It was warm and cozy, just standing there. I pushed up on my tip-toes to try and be a little taller, but he just scooped me up bridal-style. I squealed in delight as he swung me around, dancing to the music, peppering kisses on my face.

We danced and giggled, eventually falling on the couch. We looked at each other in silence, then we burst out laughing and Hunter began to tickle me. I wasn't really ticklish with anyone, but he was that special someone who made it work.

Eventually it was Moon Rise, showing it was almost midnight. Hunter scooped me off the couch and placed me in bed. I covered myself in one of the layers of blankets as he took off his shirt before climbing into bed himself.

He moved over to my side, gently hovering. He ran his fingers through my hair, placing some behind my ear before caressing my right cheek. "I love you so much. Thank you for this indoor-date being the best."

I placed my hand over his, kissing his palm. "Well, you are very welcome. It really was the best. I appreciate all that you do for me, Hunter, and I love you very much too."

With that he snuck in a soft kiss, gently moving his lips against mine with deep breathing. He held me close as if I was fragile glass. Once we had enough, he kissed my forehead whispering, "Good Night, my Darling."

"Good Night Hunter, Love you."

"Love you too." 

1,710 Words Total. Thank you for Reading.

(Published 5/6/2023)