Chapter 36- The Awakening

Start from the beginning

"That's why you can't grow armpit hair."

Sokka gasped. "Venus, you know I'm sensitive about that topic."

As I wrapped my arm around his waist, I laughed at my boyfriend. "I'm just joking. I love how smooth your pits are."

My hair served as Sokka's head rest. After that, he removed his face from my hair. "Wait, can I cut your hair."

I immediately grasped the sides of my long hair. "I- uh, I don't know."

"Come on." Sokka slightly shoved me. "I thought you wanted to cut your hair."

"I know, but I am emotionally attached to it. I will cry if you cut it off."

Sokka looked at me as if I were crazy. "Your hair is too long. You complain about it every ten minutes!"

I thought for a moment. "Okay, later, but you aren't cutting it."

"What, why not?" Sokka frowned.

I pulled out his machete from his waistband. "Because I don't trust you with this thing."

Sokka took back his machete. "But that would be so romantic. Boyfriend cutting his girlfriends hair."

I pursed my lips together. "I'm going to bed."

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

The next morning, I had made breakfast with the resources we had left on the ship.

Sokka and I sat on a crate with a map with the others surrounding us as Sokka narrates past events to catch up Aang while he was in a coma.

"After what happened at Ba Sing Se, we had to get you to safety. We flew back to Chameleon Bay where we found my father and the other Water Tribe men. The Earth King decided he wanted to travel the world in disguise, so he set off alone. Well, not completely alone. Soon, the bay was overrun by Fire Nation ships. Rather than fight them all, we captured a single ship and made it our disguise. Since then we've been traveling west. We crossed through the Serpent's Pass a few days ago. We've seen a few Fire Nation ships, but none have bothered us."

"So, what now?" Aang questions.

"We've been working on a modified version of the invasion plan."

Katara sharply snaps at her father. "It's Sokka's invasion plan."

"Yes," Hakoda lightly glooms at his daughter. "Sokka's plan. We won't be able to mount a massive invasion without the Earth King's armies, but the solar eclipse will still leave the Fire Nation vulnerable."

"So we're planning a smaller invasion." Sokka adds. "Just a ragtag team of our friends and allies from around the Earth Kingdom. We already ran into Pipsqueak and The Duke."

Pipsqueak is eating noodles with The Duke on his shoulder. "Good to see you again, Aang!"

"And the best part is, the eclipse isn't even our biggest advantage!" Sokka whispers. "We have a secret..." he looks at both of his sides. "You!"

"Me?" Aang seems shocked.

"Yep, the whole world thinks you're dead! Isn't that great?" Sokka stands up and raises both of his fists triumphantly.

Aang is flabbergasted as he runs to the side of the boat. "The world thinks I'm dead? How is that good news? That's terrible!"

Sokka approaches Aang. "No, it's great! It means the Fire Nation won't be hunting us anymore! And even better, they won't be expecting you on the Day of Black Sun!"

"No, no, no, no, no." Aang objects. "You have no idea. This is so messed up!"

We heard a horn and looked over to see another
Fire Nation ship approaching.