Kickback on a full moon...

Harlan knew he shouldn’t be at Tia’s kickback on a full moon, but here he was. Sitting by the poolside, watching his boyfriend wade around. Cyrus was the one who invited him in the first place since he’s better friends with Tia than Harlan is. Luna said it was a very bad idea, but the things Harlan would do for his man. Everett and Blake were probably at his house with Luna since the pack got into the habit of having sleepovers on full moons. Harlan usually stayed with them, but Cyrus literally begged him to come tonight.

“You can get in the water, you know.” Cyrus teased, looking up at harlan.

Harlan smiled and scooted himself off the ledge and into the water. It was nice and warm, and the lights made it look welcoming. Cyrus floated over to him and placed a soft kiss on Harlan’s lips, then grabbed his hand and led him over to the deep end. They stayed there, splashing around for a while until Harlan heard his cell phone go off. He kept it close to the pool in case something happened and his pack needed him. This was a full moon, after all.

“I need to go check that.” Harlan told Cyrus.

“Why? You rarely check your phone?” Cyrus asked.

He was right, Harlan never checked his phone because most of the time, he didn’t care. But he had to be vigilant on full moons.He hopped out of the pool and picked up his phone.

LUNA: Hey, how’s it going?

HARLAN: Fine, you?

LUNA: Things as usual. I was just checking in.

HARLAN: I don’t need a babysitter. I’ll call you if anything happens.

LUNA: Jeeze, sorry…

Harlan put his phone down and looked back to the pool to see Cody flirting with Cyrus. Harlan was never the jealous type, but this full moon had his senses and emotions running high. He started walking back to the pool as Cody moved closer to Cyrus. He had to stop this. Cyrus was his boyfriend, and Cody had to back off. Harlan jumped in the pool and quickly swam over to them. When he got there, he pushed Cody away and held back a growl. S***, Harlan’s too triggered. He had to leave in case he wolfed out.

“Harlan?” Cyrus exclaimed. “What?”

Harlan got out of the pool as fast as possible and ran into the house. He could feel the full moon getting to him, and he couldn’t let Cyrus see him like this. Harlan had to hide. Luckily, it was a big house. Harlan ran upstairs, leaving small puddles of water after him. He slipped into the first bedroom he could find. It looked like a guest bedroom considering the lack of clothes and personal items. It had an ensuite bathroom that Harlan rushed into and closed the door. His breath started picking up, and his heart rate was racing. He had to calm down.

“Harlan?”

Cyrus called from somewhere in the house. Harlan could hear him with his enhanced hearing. S***, he thought. Cyrus doesn’t know about any of this. He can’t find out. Harlan tried to get his body under control, but his emotions were too strong. At this point, he could hear his boyfriends footsteps up the stairs. This was a very bad situation.

“Harlan?”

Cyrus must be able to hear him because he came right to the bathroom door. Harlan could feel his teeth sharpen and claws come out. He was shifting. This couldn’t be happening.

“Babe?” Cyrus said from the other side of the door. “Are you okay? Cody wasn’t flirting with me. He knows we’re together.”

Harlan knew his eyes were glowing at this point, and he had fully shifted. He then realized that the door didn’t have a lock. Harlan was screwed.

“Harlan, are you okay?” Cyrus asked. “You sound like you’re having a panic attack.”\

Harlan could hear the concern in his voice. Cyrus really loved Harlan, but could he if he saw him like this? Would Harlan scare Cyrus away? The one boy he truly ever loved? Cyrus was his everything. He couldn’t lose him. The doorknob started to turn, and Harlan wanted to yell stop, but all that came out was a growl. Cyrus opened the door and looked down at Harlan sitting in the bathtub. His eyes were glowing, and his fangs were out, and his claws were trying to cover his face. Cyrus gasped and took a step back. F***, Harlan thought he was about to lose him. This shocked Harlan back into his human form. Cyrus looked at him with wide eyes.

“Cyrus…” Harlan tried, but he just started to cry.

Cyrus stood there for a minute, watching his boyfriend cry in the bathtub. Cyrus knew something was different with Harlan, but he didn’t expect this. But this was his boyfriend who was sobbing all alone, and Cyrus couldn't leave him. Harlan looked up as Cyrus rushed over and kneeled down next to the bathtub. Cyrus reached for Harlan’s hands, but Harlan pulled away.

“I’m sorry.” Harlan said with a shaky voice.

“What for?” Cyrus asked.

“For this.” Harlan gestured to himself. “I’m a monster, and you deserve someone human.”

Saying these words made Harlan cry even more. He wasn’t even a crier, but here we were.

“Harlan.” Cyrus said as he held Harlan’s chin up to make eye contact. “You are not a monster.”

Harlan’s bottom lip quivered. He was scared and confused by Cyrus’ words.

“You are a beautiful man, and I’m lucky enough to call you my boyfriend.”

Cyrus leaned in to kiss Harlan. At first, Harlan hesitated but then gave into the kiss. Cyrus pushed his tongue past where Harlan’s fangs were a second ago. The kiss was desperate and deep. Harlan felt his arms wrap around his body, and Cyrus held him close.

“I love you, Harlan Briggs.” Cyrus said into his mouth. “So what if my boyfriend has claws and glowing eyes. He’s mine, and I love him no matter what.”

Cyrus climbed into the empty bathtub with Harlan, and they held each other like that. Harlan was so relieved that Cyrus knew. Let alone that he’s still here with him after learning that his boyfriend’s a werewolf.

“I love you too, Cy.” Harlan whispered in his ear.