Trouble

In the City of Haysia, there lived Auriella and her family. Though it is the lair of the rich in the Zadorous Kingdom, Haysia isn't a pleasing environment to live in; well, nothing pleasant comes out of the Kingdom of Zadorous.

Ever since the reign of the cruel King, no beauty can be found anywhere. For centuries, tyrants grazed the lands and their ill judgment prevailed.

The people groaned as their bones dry up from the injustice prevalent in the nation. Thousands are killed through slavery, the blood of the innocent silenced by the rich, and no one is to complain.

Anyone who defies the King's rule shall be stoned to death. As tyrants rise, the people who tried to raise their voices were silenced gruesomely. Since then, no one dared to rebel against the King and his knights.

Rich or poor, everyone is to bow down before the King. As normal people would, they would live and work hard for life. Following whatever rules the King established, no matter how ridiculous it may be. 

***

Marnie lightly kissed Cyrene and Auriella's forehead bidding them goodbye. "Don't do anything silly while we're away, girls," her serious gaze shifted to Cyrene, "and you," 

"What, mom?" Cyrene chuckled. 

"Don't provoke your sister, you know how bad her temper is." 

Auriella's eyes widened and held her tongue as she crossed her arms. 

"I know, I know," Cyrene clung to Marnie's arm and kissed her cheek, "I'll make sure she behaves. Ain't that right, Ella?" 

Auriella scoffed and rolled her eyes at Cyrene as she put her hands on her hips. "Don't worry about us, mom. Now go to that little celebration of yours." 

"Your father and I will be back in a week, make sure-"

"I will do my chores, I'll be sure to feed the pigs, worry not mom." Auriella grumbled as she slightly opened the door for Marnie. 

Marnie warmly smiled and she sighed as she held the slightly open wooden door, a melancholy feeling touched her heart and she held back tears. "Love you, girls."

"We love you too, mom." The two girls replied gently as they watched Marnie set foot on the carriage. 

***

"Ella," Cyrene grinned as she washed the dirt off the swine, "this pig reminds me of you; you're both dirty and lazy! The resemblance is uncanny-" 

It did not take too long for Auriella to snap completely at any insulting remark Cyrene had to speak. 

"Mother!!!" Yelping, Cyrene struggled to be free from Auriella grabbing her hair and straining her scalp, she felt as if she would turn bald the more her hair gets pulled.

"Just accompany me, stop struggling!"

"Okay, okay, fine." Auriella finally let go of Cyrene's black locks, "Are you going to sell me as a slave?"

"Who knows?" she cheekily smiled and tugged on Cyrene's arm as they walked toward the city.

Auriella lets go of her as soon as she sees a group of people strolling around the busy city and she forces a smile at them when they give the girls a weird look. They walk past the crowd while Auriella holds Cyrene by the arm.

As soon as Cyrene saw a guard, she cried, "Help me!"

Under her breath, Auriella muttered, 'This woman, really...'

The guard raised his eyebrows at Auriella, "Is there a problem here?"

Auriella halted, not letting go of Cyrene. She tightened her grip on Cyrene and politely told the guard, "So sorry! She's off her medication and is acting a little insane." she forced a smile, hoping to get sympathy from the man.