Chapter 1- Part 2

A group of people stagger into a clearing and assemble loosely, staring into the forest.

"Status report now damn it!" demanded McLeod.

"Give me five seconds." Banner replies, gathering his things and checking the air. "Yes sir, affirmative, oxygen levels are exceptional, zero contaminations."

Pilot Hummel huddles closer to the group, looking slightly worried. She makes herself known and stands in-front of Captain McLeod to give the news.

"The ship sustained significant damage sir. The relaunch engine is shattered." Hummel spoke.

"Meaning?" McLeod asks.

"Meaning we're stuck...this is it Captain." Hummel gives a worried expression when she says this.

Captain McLeod, instead of being mad, he walks up to somewhere in the middle of his group and speaks.

"Provisions?" He asks.

"The storage pod burned up on entry captain, we're down to water and ration packs for 3 days.." Quint says worriedly.

"Location?" McLeod continues.

Bryfield approaches the Captain and addresses him by his name before speaking.

"We have landed in what appears to be a rain forest sir. There is water to our east, the magnetic poles are exactly like Earth so our compasses will work." she explains.

"We'll make camp here. Im assuming with one sun it will get dark at some point. Set up a perimeter. Banner, break out the weapons, we don't know what we're up against." McLeod suggests.

"Yes sir" replies Banner as he goes to fetch the weapons.

Banner felt a hand on his shoulder, and a hand on his chest, so he looks down and sees Quint, stopping him from going anywhere.

"Hold on a minute Banner." he says before addressing the captain. "McLeod, you were in charge on the ship but now that we're here, why should you be leader?"

"Yeah" Cane walks over and stands beside Banner and Quint. "Star command made you captain of the ship, but we're not on the ship anymore."

Banner shifts his position and stands behind McLeod while Hummel and Bryfield walk over, Hummel standing in front of the Captain, she starts to speak.

"Watch your tongues!" She exclaims. "How dare you speak to our captain like that."

"They have a point Hummel" Bryfield interrupts. Star command are dead, the ship is gone, and so are the rules."

McLeod takes a long and frustrated breath and stares at the three infront of him, acknowledging the two behind him. 

"Okay Quint, so who's going to be in charge? You?" McLeod asks in a sarcastic tone.

"Why not me?" Quint replies boldly.

Banner puts a hand on McLeod's shoulder and steps forward, standing just behind him leaning over his right shoulder now.

"Because you're an idiot, that's why...and you two swell..!" Banner speaks up.

"Who you calling idiots?" Cane had seemed annoyed by that comment.

"You three." Hummel steps forward and her eyes meet Bryfield's. "What you gonna do about it?"

"We'll show you what we're gonna do about it." Banner says, insisting they fight.

The two groups charge toward each other and fall into a melee, fighting in a confused rage, they continue until they hear the noise of a strange alien war call. All of them stand up and look nervously around, they move down toward the centre of the forest clearing and huddle into one group facing toward the forest.