My eyes finally met his bloodshot red ones from crying as I calmly answered, "She's sleeping."

"Okay."

Harshly wiping off his tears he spoke again, "I'll be leaving now. Take care of her."

I instantly gripped his wrist stopping him in his tracks.

"She asked you to stay."

"She a-asked?"

"Yes. She asked and has already kept a pair of spare clothes for you to change. Now if you insist, get yourself a shower."

"But w-wasn't she unconscious-"

"She was. But on reaching here, she had woken up and told me these. Now please?" I pushed him into the washroom.

"I've kept your clothes in the little closet over there." I said as I heard the shower run.

I returned to the sofa as I waited for him to come out.

About 30 minutes later, I heard the shower stop followed by him in a white t-shirt and black joggers.

Without uttering a word, he sat down beside me.

Beeaking the awkward silence I spoke up, "Since when?"

"When we were like 10." He answered facing down.

"I-I'm sorry you had to know it like this-"

"It's alright. You are not at fault for this-"

"I am. I am the one who is solely at fault for all this-"

"You aren't. If it's something that should be your folly then it is your mental debate on not confessing to her back then and rather choosing to hide it by spitting sharp words to her. It is absolutely normal to develop feelings for someone, especially if they are your friends. You need not be guilty for someone's wicked and twisted visions." I gently slung my hand over his shoulder.

He was surprised when I did that and that was clearly evident in his voice, "You... d-don't you h-hate me? I know you like her too-"

"I do. But you know her a lot better than me. So if I have to sacrifice her to you, I will happily accept that painful feeling." I said with a mild yet bitter smile.

Jeonghan faced the ground again.

"Were you aware of her parents?" He asked quietly.

"No. But she always gave awkward and weird replies when asked about-"

Both of us fell silent as we heard an ear bursting scream from upstairs.

Without any further thoughts, we sprinted upstairs to her room.

I wanted to let Jeonghan in but he insisted me to enter first while he stood outside the room.

I sighed and walked inside the room only to find her sitting on her bed facing the window and bawling her eyes out.

Gently hugging and rubbing her back I tried to say something soothing to her while she continued to cry out.

She was having a nightmare.

"Y-you....y-you wouldn't leave me alone right, Joshua?" the words left her mouth as she somewhat calmed herself down.

For some reason, I felt a different feeling in my heart.