Bandages

The video message continued to replay itself. Mira mutters the same words over and over again. You all decided to head back to the Main Street. The tunnels suddenly feel eerie.

"That was a surprise." Kuina sighed, folding her arms across her chest. You often wondered how she didn't ever get cold, maybe now her style would change. No longer restricted by the beaches rules.

It's not like people here cared much for fashion. That became the least of your problems the second you stepped into the borderlands. "What's that noise?" You mumbled, unsure if you were hearing things.

"It's coming from outside," Chishiya answered, his hand brushing against yours as he walked further ahead than the small group you'd formed.

You focused on the stairs in front of you, not wanting to trip. Arisu and Usagi were walking beside you, Kuina and Ann a little further back with Tatta trailing. "It's a blimp."

You understood what Chishiya had meant when you exited to entrance to the station, the beautiful blue sky occupied by four blimps, all of which varied in distance. The one above you had a sheet attached to it, the king of clubs printed on it. "It's starting isn't it?" Arisu directed the question to Chishiya.

"It's strange, there's no rules no si-

BANG.

You'd seen guns, seen them fired, but never had a bullet graze your ear though. In fact, you were sure it would have gone straight through your head if Chishiya hadn't pushed you out of the way.

"Run!" Kuina shouted, Chishiya following behind you as everyone broke off into pairs.

"Watch where you're going." You wanted to scoff, even with bullets flying through the air in every direction Chishiya still managed to have a stick up his ass. "Don't get shot, keep low. Get behind the car."

You rolled your eyes but followed his instructions, shielding your body with a dusty blue car just out of the shooter's sight. You could hear screams in the opposite direction, unfortunately, that meant you and Chishiya were closer to being safe. You didn't have time to worry about it anyone else right now.

"You see the building over there? The side door? Run there, do not look back." You used the body of the car to give you a lift, keeping your body hunched over as you run as fast as possible.

Another gunshot went off, this time the bullet hitting a window near you. "Chishiya?" You called back, still sprinting ahead.

You could hear his footsteps, the sound of the gravel underneath him providing you with some comfort, the adrenaline keeping you going. "Behind you, go."

The steps to the building were narrow but you managed two at a time. "Keep going through there, look for an exit door."

He was a few paces behind you but you both knew you weren't out of the danger zone yet. "There's a fire exit door here."

"Where?" He asked, a little out of breath beside you. His hair was somewhat dishevelled but as always he had a calming yet beautiful aura to him, even if he was still a demanding dick with a stick up his ass. "Oh, there."

He sighed, eyeing the padlocked and chained door. "Someone probably camped out here before, look for another exit."

"The window?" You both frowned, stepping over to it cautiously. The building must have been a storeroom or something. Random pots, and crates surround a few rusted stools. "Isn't it too far?

The space was a few feet, the window the same height. He opened the window, leaning out to eye the height. "It's either jump or wait for hun, her, them to come back here and I don't know about you but I don't feel like dying before finding out what this place is."