Chapter 7

Three let out a groan, he coughed trying to get water out of his lungs. How long was he out for? Wait, where's Smg4!? The edgy meme man jumped up looking desperately for Four. Three found him up ahead still knocked out, it seems the waters were so strong it knocked off Smg4's hat.

Three gently shook Four. "Hey, come on man wake up." His voice was wavering. Four started to stir, which caused Smg3 to do an internal sigh of relief.

Smg4 groaned as he sat up. "What? What happened?"

Three sighed. "Our avatar happened."

Four was grumbling, trying his best to not let tears fall from his eyes. He failed again. 'Maybe it's for the best, he probably doesn't even like you in that way aways.' His face felt hot, he wanted to get away. From Three, From Mario, From Fm, X, Meggy and everyone else. Four just wanted to hide from this shame.

Three noticed the meme man silently crying, concerned he spoke up. "Dude, are you ok?"

"No!" Three flinched at Four's voice. "Nothing went as planned."

Three tilted his head. "Planned? Dude what the hell are you talking about?"

"I-" Four was shaking. 'Now is not the time to choke.' He bitterly thought to himself. "I've been trying to confess my feelings to you!"

Both meme guardians stood still, both of their faces flushed.

"What?"

"Uh, I gotta go." Four ran, not being able to handle the obvious rejection. 'Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! How did I think this was ever going to work?'

"Wait, Four!" Three called out. However, it seems the meme man was to lost in his own dark thoughts to hear him.

Three stood there, a million thoughts were buzzing inside his head. Smg3 did not know what to do. Does he go after Four? Or does he just leave Four alone. Three heard footsteps behind him, he turned around to come face to face with Smg4's oldest friends, Fm and X. They also were ruffled up and soaking wet, making them also a victim of the water tower.

'Shit.' Three thought. 'They're here to kick my ass, aren't they?'

Fm got closer to Three and he braced himself but, instead of getting punched Fm placed a hand on Smg3's shoulder.

"Go to him." His voice was gentle. Three quickly nodded in agreement and started to follow the tracks Smg4 left behind in the soggy grass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smg3 found Four curled up looking over the hillside, dried tears were on the meme man's face. "Four." Despite saying his name in the gentlest voice possible. Four jolted and stared at Three like a deer in headlights.

Three sat down, right next to the meme man. Four took a deep breath before speaking. "Remember the conversation we had yesterday?" Four's voice was hoarse, mostly likely from crying.

"Yeah," Three started to recall. "You told me that I meant a lot to you." His face started to blush.

Four was also blushing. "You do mean a lot to me as a friend." Three frowned at this but before he could say anything, Four continued. "But, I- I would like to be more then friends." Three could not believe his ears. "So, uh, Smg3 would you like to go out with me?"

Three was silent, on the inside he was jumping for joy, his face completely red and his heart doing leaps.

Four who had his eyes closed, still afraid to look directly Three took his silence in a different way. 'He hasn't said anything.' Dark thoughts entered his mind once again. 'Maybe it wasn't meant to b-'

But before Four could go on a spiral Three had cupped his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. Four felt like he was floating, his heart was melting.

"I would love to go out with you, Glitchy." Three had said after he pulled away.

Four's face was entirely red, he smiled. "Y-you don't know how much this means to me." He stutters out, a few tears falling down his face. Three gently wiped them away and leaned for another kiss. Four wrapped his arms around Three deepening the kiss.

A little behind the two meme guardians were Mario and Meggy, who got stuck in a tree. The two watched the guardian's confession. The former inkling looked over to see the red plumber with tears in his eyes. "You ok Red?" she asked her friend.

"Mario is just so happy." His eyes were sparkling, overfilled with joy.

Meggy looked around the tree. "Uh, Mario, how do we get down from here?"

But the plumber was not listening to her, focusing on the meme guardians.

They finally got together, and he could not be happier.