Say Yes to the Dress

Börja om från början

"But it's not you," Jake added. "It makes you look like you're getting married in the 1940s."

"Exactly," everyone else agreed.

"Alright, back to the fitting room."
I got down from the step and walked back to the fitting room while Matty held my train. I slipped out of the first dress and slipped on another one. This one was better than the first one I tried. It still wasn't the one yet but I feel I'm getting closer to it.

"I love the back," I said as I showed everyone.

"Wait, since when did you get a tattoo?" Mom asked.

"Oh, forgot to tell you I got one," I chuckled.

A little over a week ago, I got a tattoo along my right shoulder blade. It was just Kara and Lynn's birth flowers with their date of birth written along the stems of the flower. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while and I had some time so I got them. Andrew was surprised that I got one and he was fine with it. Also my mom's chill with tattoos. She doesn't overreact when we get one.

"Anyways, back to the dress," I turned everyone's attention back to the dress. "Yes or no?"

"Nope." All of them shook their heads.

"It's close," Dani added. "We're getting there."

"I just hope we find one today," I laughed.

"Oh I know that feeling," I heard Liz say as I walked away. "You got this Bella!"

Going back to the fitting room, I tried on some more dresses and showed them the ones that I'd tried on. We've been closer and closer to finding the dress.

"I feel this is the one," Matty brought in a dress.

"Let's hope," I chuckled.

"Okay, close your eyes," Matty told me.

I did what he told me and I took off my robe before closing my eyes. Helping me guide into the dress, I felt the dress ride up and he zipped up the back and clipped it.

"Now open." I let out a breath before opening my eyes.

"Holy shit," I gasped when I saw the dress.

It had everything that I wanted in a dress. It was the right amount of glitter and lace with the right amount of poof. The straps weren't too thick or thin. I just love this whole dress.

"This is the one isn't it?" Matty asked.

"Yeah," I laughed and nodded my head. "This is the one."

"Well then, let's show it to everyone."

We left the fitting room and he told everyone to close their eyes. I got onto the platform facing them and Matty fluffed out the dress before telling everyone to open their eyes.

"Oh my god," I saw Mom tear up when she saw me in the dress.

"So? What do you think?" I asked them.

"You look amazing," Greg answered.

"This is the one," Rebecca nodded her head.

"Aw Dad," I teared up when I saw him with tears in his eyes. "Don't get all emotional now."

"How can I?" He chuckled. "I'm walking my last child down the aisle. You look like a princess."

"Kara, what do you think? Do you think Andrew would like it?" I faced our daughter.

"If you like it then he will like it," Kara answered. "You look really pretty."

"Thank you sweetie," I smiled.

"Alright, let's get you with the veil and I see that you brought your own veil?" Matty asked.

"Yes she did," Liz got up from the couch and handed Matty the veil.

I looked at the veil and teared up a little knowing whose veil this was.

"I thought you couldn't find it?" I looked at my mom.

"Well, I looked in the attic more and saw that we actually had it," she explained. "Besides, she wanted you to have it."

A smile came onto my face and I felt Matty place the veil on my head. He adjusted and fluffed it up a little bit along with my dress. He turned me and tears started to fall down my cheeks. Seeing me in this dress with Nonna's veil just makes me emotional. I just wished she was here along with Nonno and Lynn.

"So, is this the dress?" Matty asked.

"Yes," I nodded my head.

"You're saying yes to the dress?" He questioned.

"Yes! I'm saying yes to this dress," I cheered.

Everyone cheered and started taking pictures of me in the get-up. We took some pictures together before I headed back to the fitting room where I got some adjustments taken. Changing back into my clothes, I had to fight my parents over who got to pay for the dress but we decided to split the cost.

"So, who's up for some food to celebrate this day?" I suggested as I held Lynn in my arms.

Everyone agreed so we decided on a place and headed into our cars to the restaurant to celebrate this day.