Finding The Foggy Shackle

"RUN, (Y/N), RUN THROUGH THERE!" Daryl yelled behind you nearly choking on his words over the sound of moaning walkers surrounding you, "I'LL KEEP BACK!"

You nodded in his direction instantly and ran in front of you towards an abandoned wooden shack in the middle of the forest you and Daryl had found yourself in.

A simple run for supplies had turned into a fight for shelter and survival as the night shadowed over you both and your visions became impaired amongst the bushery and surrounding darkness and towering trees. Regardless of how good Daryl was at tracking and hunting and you were with directions and patience, neither of you, even together, could make your way out of this scenario - fog began to set in unexpectedly a few hours previously, and this put you both in the middle of nowhere, late at night, surrounded by oncoming walkers.

You ran as fast as your legs would allow it, a fabric bag banging against your hip and a blade in your hand, as you made your way towards the wooden shake, leaving the groans of walkers behind you. When you eventually reached the wooden front door, you looked back for Daryl. The groans had stopped and all that could be heard was the clashing of leaves against each other above your head. Worry began to fill your mind as the seconds that passed by felt like minutes and large moments that filled you with dread.

"Daryl..." You shouted out hastily. "DARYL!"

Louder this time.

No reply.

You dropped your bag of supplied at the door and began to make the trek back into the forest from where you had ran from; you couldn't leave Daryl out there, regardless of how well equipped and redneck wise he was.

1 step.

2 step.

3 step.

"Hey, uh, lookin' fer me?" You jumped as a response to the husky tone that came ffrom behind a tree. "Told yer I'd be leavin' those gangly thangs behind me"

"You scared the crap outta me, Jackass" you replied, half serious but also half relieved as you caught your breath.

Daryl watched you for a moment, waiting for any reply, before accepting what you said and walked past you grazing your shoulder with his on the way past.

"Come on, tha' shackle place looks to be a dump but a pretty sweet dump fer tonight, that's fer sure"