Chapter 2

Joe's P.O.V.

It's been about 1 week since I transfered to Wilford High. I haven't made any friends yet. Everyone in all my five classes treat me like I'm invisible, but I don't mind. I never really had friends at my old school neither. Not having to worry about other people's problems, is all fine by me. But other than that, there is this one dude named 'Alex' in Science class I catch staring at me every now and then. Because I'm not good at starting conversations, I don't say anything.

"Joe!" Mom yells from down stairs in the kitchen. "Get up hun! You'll be late for school!"

"Hugh..." I mumble.

I sit up on my bed, using my arm for support. My eyes are half open. With my right arm, I scratch my head, feeling my hair standing up in all kinds of directions. I yuan. I then hear foots steps approaoching my bedroom door as they get louder and louder. Suddenly, my door swings open.

"Get up nerd." Nick said half way in my room.

"Get out of here!" I grab my pillow from behind me and threw it at him, aiming for his face. But missed.

"Loser can't even aim straight." He teased. Nick closed my door and went walking to his room down the hall. "Freak." I heard him say. That bastard.

Nick is my younger brother. He's 15 years of age, he has light brown hair and has green eyes. His skin is a little darker than mine. He's muscled and is 5.7ft tall. And I'm only 5.3ft. Therefore, everyone thinks Nick is older than me. Sure, I might be short and look a little girly, mean while Nick has better body built. But that doesn't mean he's older than I am. It's so irritating.

I get out of bed a wobble to the restroom. Used the toilet and brush my teeth. I slowly walk down the hall and turn left, entering my room. I make my way to my closet and swing open the doors, staring and my T-shirts. Pulling out any random shirt and pants, I slip the T-shirt over my head and pulled up my pants. I look down at my clothing, I am wearing a dark blue jeans, and white long sleeve shirt with a circular caller. Before walking down stairs, entering the kitchen, I grabbed my black colored glasses from on top my dresser, and white ankle socks from the first drawer.

"Good morning hunny!" Mom said. She's always too happy. "Are you hungry? I made pancakes." She said delighted.

"Sure." I take a seat at the table. Mom places a plate of pancakes in front of me. It looked delicious. It was covered in maple syrup with butter on top.

~~~~

"Joe, Nick, are you ready for school?" Mom was outside standing on the porch looking back at us.

"Yup." Nick replied.

Nick left the house through the front door and headed to Moms red Toyota. I followed him. Nick sat in front with Mom in the passenger seat, and I sat in the back looking out the right window.

~~~~

Nick and I walked towards the front entrance.

Wolford High was a pretty big school, and was packed with buch of students. There were students outside and inside. Everywhere. I swear, everyday this school looked like one of those glee episode.

We both walked through the doors and stood there.

"Sup Nick!" Some dude in a toque and baggy clothes yelled across the hall. The boy was standing by a group of people looking over the crowed at Nick. Nick left me and went walking towards them. Apparently, Nick was popular here too. He already made friends and we just transfered here. Why haven't I?

I sighed and started walking to Mr.Coltens classroom. I went up the flight of stairs to the second floor. I walked in Science Class, and saw Alex's eyes focused on me. I looked down trying to hide my face and rushed to my seat.

Each class in Science, Alex would always look or stare at me. I tried talking to him once, but failed. Maybe he wants to be my friend but also has the same problem as I do.

He's staring again, his arms were crossed, and his head was placed on top, facing my way. I took deep breaths and turn his direction, and leaned forward. "H-H-Hel..." I stuttered, I paused. I found myself staring at him.

His eyes are blue, but shiny. His dark blond messy hair fell perfectly over his forehead. He smiled.

He got up and sat straight in his chair, smiling. I was still leaning forward, and making eye contact with him.

"Hi." He said.

I got up looked around the class to see If anyone saw what happened just now. No one seemed to care. I looked back at Alex. His eyes haven't left me.

I take a few more deep breaths. "Um...Hello."