5 THE GINGER WITCH

Beginne am Anfang

"how can you see him?" liza bit the bullet, cutting straight to the point. "you're not a fellow medium, are you?"

"what?" natalia's eyebrows knitted together, glancing behind her at wally for some support. "no. no, i'm not! i just...i don't know why i can see him."

"it's a mystery to us both." wally chimed in, causing natalia to smile to herself.

however, liza wasn't buying it. her eyes narrowed at the two of them, as if they were concocting some kind of scheme. "natalia, if you're a witch, it's okay. no one's going to burn you at the stake."

"what?" natalia cleared her throat awkwardly, standing up straight to appear more dominant. "i swear, i don't practice...witchcraft. or anything of the sorts. i just went to the boiler room and now...i see a dead wally clark. all the time."

"thanks," wally mumbled, earning himself a nice punch to the gut from natalia's elbow. "i deserved that." he wheezed out, a satisfying smile falling onto natalia's lips.

"i see," liza grimaced before readjusting her position.

natalia wondered why this conversation was happening in the first place. it's not like it was easy for someone to spot natalia and wally. or in their case, natalia alone talking to the wall like a crazy person. yet, liza seemed to find them no problem. "how did you even see us?"

liza shrugged, tapping her teeth with her index finger. "intuition, i guess."

it was natalia's turn to roll her eyes. "bullshit."

"would i lie to you, natalia?" liza asked, placing a hand upon her heart.

"i wouldn't answer that if i were you." wally spoke to natalia, his chin resting inches away from her shoulder. "she's crazy. i've seen it. i've seen it all."

natalia's eyes stayed fixated on the witch, unable to look away. something about the situation seemed odd, and natalia didn't know what to do about it. liza griffin was known as a heinous bitch, always talking back and replying to any form of aggression with her demonic smirk. yet, the redhead stood still, a gentle smile on her lips.

it was frightening.

"keep out of it." natalia whispered back, crossing her arms over her chest.

wally nodded, shoving his hands in the pockets of his letterman jacket. his eyes glanced down to natalia, admiring the way her curls cascaded down her back, headphones set around the neck. headphones at a football game.

classic.

"i don't know if i trust you, liza." natalia replied, her face stoic. "i just don't understand how you even found us. we're in a pretty hidden location—"

"oh my god! snore, snore, snore!" liza replied, immediately following by a fit of giggles. "you rushed out of the stands after whispering to yourself. do you know how psycho you looked? i just had to follow and see for myself. and now i understand why. wally clark is following you around like a lost puppy dog!"

"well, i wouldn't say all that..." wally said, trying to fight his way back into the conversation.

"following me around? he just appeared today! out of the blue! i don't understand why no one else can see him!" natalia protested, her eyebrows crunched and lip curled into a scowl. "no one else except you."

"what can i say?" liza smiled, swaying back and forth. "i can see and speak to the dead. i know everything about them, especially the ones at this school. and wally clark is a mystery wrapped in a beautiful man."

with a smirk, wally popped his collar. "why thank you."

"wally," natalia turned around for a moment, flashing him an angry look.