Chapter 45- The Unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Specialist? That sounds serious. What's it for?" He asks, pushing his eye brows together as he looks up to me now.

"It's personal." I mumble, fluttering my eyes closed and taking a deep sigh. A nap sure sounds great right now.

After a few silent moment, when I thought JC would push longer to get a proper answer out of me, I could hear the baby gurgle, a sign of him being happy. "Is it the vagina doctor?"

Opening one eye, I grabbed the nearest object- which, sadly, is a pillow- and threw it at him. "That's very mature of you- hey! Give me back my phone!" I yell, unwrapping my arm from the blanket and shoving my hand out for him to give it back. He chuckles, placing it in my awaiting palm. "And it's called gynecologist." I correct to him, hiding my phone under my pillow. Snooping around in my things, that little-

"She still looks at your vagina. I just made it sound simpler." JC snickers, moving his hand to tickle the baby's stomach.

"You didn't need to know that." I mumble curling back into my cocoon of warmth to take a nap. My sleep hours last night consisted of four. "What time is it?" I yawned.

"One o'clock. Time to feed the pooping machine." JC exasperated, picking himself off the floor. I heard his footsteps leave the room and tapping on the kitchen tile. The fridge door opened and closed, footsteps entering the living room again. Before I could open my mouth and remind JC to heat the milk up he got to talking before me, "There's no boob milk left Paisley."

I groaned, burring my face in the pillow for a moment, "Can you not call it boob milk." I complain first off.

"That's what it is though." He says evidently.

"Just call it milk. Breast milk. Or the baby's milk." I sigh opening my eyes. "There has to be milk in the fridge somewhere I just pumped..." I took a moment to think about it and stopped short, not being able to remember when.

"Well there isn't." JC says, bursting my bubble. I sigh, closing my eyes for a brief moment, "If I had boobs full of milk I would do it myself, but since I don't you've got to feed him yourself."

"Can you please, stop talking about my boobs? You're making me feel uncomfortable." I tell him, sitting up properly before grabbing the baby from him.

"Fine. Since you have tits full of milk, feed the child." He said dramatically, passing the baby on.

"I didn't ask for a synonym." I comment, pointing to the burp cloth across the room on the changing table for him to grab. With his back turned I took the moment to unfasten my bra and cover the baby with the blanket I had around me. JC handed me the burp cloth, tucking it under my breast for now so I wouldn't get any milk stains on my shirt.

"I can see your boob." JC taunts, moving the blanket over me more like I would have wanted as I messed around with the burp cloth.

I took a deep breath, rolling my eyes to the back of my head, especially when I felt the side of his finger touch my boob, "I swear to God JC, if I didn't have the baby in my hands right now I'd slap you in the face." I warn him, shooting daggers from my eyes for him to back away.

Earning a chuckle from JC, he walked away heading to the kitchen, "So how many hours of sleep did you get last night?" He asks.

"Four." I say with disappointment, looking down at Colton to see if he was comfortable.

"Explains your crankiness." He mentions, coming back in the room with the pump. He places it next to me, leaning from behind the couch, "When's your doctor appoint tomorrow?" He asks, I can feel his arm leaning on my hair and tugging my skull.