Promise Land CH 2

"Y/n!" Rengoku shouted your name as he spun you around holding you up in his hands.

seeing your smile. It was contagious to have you this happy. Whatever you wanted. Whatever you needed he was always there for you.

"Look Rengoku! " You showed him seashells. "Look at this one. It's pink from the bottom but brown on top. What kind of shell do you think it is? It looks like a piece that was chipped off."

Rengoku loved how you always talked about anything. It was so beautiful to see the smallest things around you. It was blissfully beautiful having you with him. The smallest thing in his eyes was you.

What he didn't find as big or interesting, you did. That mind of yours he just couldn't understand it no matter what. But at times it's as if you were reading him like a book. It was so disturbing how accurate you were with him that he'd have to say you were being a bit crazy.

"Rengoku, oh can we please go there! You always take me places you want to go but whenever I bring up something you always shove it aside! You hate me! You don't love me!!" You'd cry out until he'd take you or give you what you wanted.

"I'm a Hashira now y/n." He said pridefully standing with his fists to his hips.

"AAA!!! I told you ! You could do it! You said I was crazy! But the world does revolve around you boys! Whatever you boys want, whatever you guys have in mind, it happens!" You'd praise him until the ground was soured by your slanders of others.

Holding his face in his hands you smiled widely. Even after his father told him ' so what. You and his brother were the only two who cared and supported him.

You were there. Supportive of his studies and training.

"Look!!" He raised you up, spinning you around. "Look at you!!" You shouted happily.

It wasn't all just a lie. It wasn't a dream. It was true.

"So what happened?" Rengoku asked himself, tightening his grip on the handle of his sword. Every step he took seemed longer and longer as he dug deeper into his memories.

"Rengoku!!! Look! I didn't know if you were interested in these things but I got it for you anyways." Rengoku looked at the keychain you had bought him. "It's supposed to be a charm to ward off bad luck and Demons." He didn't want to say anything during that time. But the charm was false. It had no charm or spell or anything to ward anything off.

Yet he kept because you gave it value. A meaning. Believing it was something that would protect him. The kindest thing he ever received from anyone. You cared for him to come back from his missions.

"Rengoku dance with me!" You would shake your arms and try to dance like the girls you would see in videos. The skills were not good. Nore was it sexy or Micheal Jackson or Beyonce style. But whatever style you had it was Hilarious for him.

Something he could only cover his face and shake his head while cracking a smile.

A chicken dance was the best in his introduction and maybe a handstand.

"Lucky! I can't do that!" You tried and ended up fracturing your arm.

Then suddenly you moved.

Leaving a letter wishing him luck on his missions and to find a beautiful wife like his father.

When it wasn't right. It made no sense.

Reaching out to your friends was like a burden to them. "So low you went..." he whispered, remembering how you even changed numbers.

When you did come back you never reached out to him. You lived close. You knew he was there. But you didn't go. You never once even asked about him. Never once visited.

Your friends hated him so did he. He hated everyone that refused to give him any explanation. Just humiliating him to the point people would call him weird and strange.

Well of course they thought about him.

You were married. But he didn't know that until you introduced him.

"Your name!" He shouted your name across the street seeing you going inside your house.

Stopping he looked at the man beside you with his hand on your back.

"Oh hi! Are you our neighbor?" The man asked, reaching out to shake Rengokus' hand. Rengokus looked down at the man's hand before looking at you.

"Y/n. What happened?" He asked you. "Oh! Rengoku this is my husband." You said smiling widely. "I got married!" You said excited.

His entire world was stripped away. It wasn't colored anymore. You cut him off completely. Treated him like a stranger.
Did he not provide enough for you? Wasn't it enough? What went wrong?

It was sick to see you with your so called husband. It was gut turning and disgusting.