1

Raccoon City

The bell rung, letting you know that someone had walked into the little store. Almost immediately you straightened up and put your pencil down, next to your sketch book and fixed the bottom of your shorts as you stood up to greet the costumers. A group of six teenagers a little younger than you had walked in with an older woman, presumably one of their mothers. The group walked away from the woman and headed straight for the rack that had trendy clothing you had just stocked up on.

"Welcome!" You smiled at them, "Let me know if you need any help."

The woman's face quickly went from one of amazement from the clothes to one of judgment, "is there anyone else who works here that speaks English?"

You gave her a look of confusion, "I do speak English?"

She let out an annoyed sigh. One of the teenagers quickly made her way over to the lady.

"Mom. Don't start." She tried to pull her mother away, to join the others.

Your face morphed into one of sadness, knowing what she meant with that sigh. It also seemed like her daughter had seen how she acted first hand before. They both looked at each other communicating with their eyes. Leaving you to stare at them awkwardly.

"Let me speak with a manager." The woman finally spoke and turned to you. Her daughter groaned, clearly not liking where this was going. You let out an exhausted sigh before turning your body to walk over to your manager's office when the bell rung again. Another customer had walked in, or so you thought.

"Welcome! I'll be right with you!" You looked over at person when one of the teenagers screamed. Your eyes widened as the person walked closer to the group. He was limping, blood all over his clothes, and groaning.

"Sir?" you called out. His head suddenly turned towards you, startling you at how quick he did it. He groaned again and dragged his leg behind him. The woman backed away with her arm in front of her daughter, ready to run if needed.

Slowly everyone tried to back away. The group ran out the door screaming. The man quickly turned towards the noise and limped quickly after them. You turned back around and pounded on your manager's door before yanking the door open.

"Emily!" you panted as you entered. Emily, your manager, playfully glared at you, which quickly turned into a look of worry.

"What's wrong?" She asked you.

"There's a... man with blood on him! He looks like he's trying to attack people." You exclaimed as you closed the door behind you, "Should we call the police?" you franticly asked you as you looked at the door and then your manager. Emily's eyes widened.

"Calm down Y/N, I'll call the police and they can handle him." Emily grabbed the phone on her desk and dialed the number of the police. She frowned when the line didn't even ring. Emily looked at the phone and tried to dial the number again, just to get the same results, "It won't even ring. I'll send you over to the police station while I close up, okay? I'll meet you at the police station." She pushed you out of the room.

You looked around the store, noticing the women and the group were gone, and so was the man. The store was completely trashed. You heard another groan as you walked towards the door. You quickly turned towards the noise. Another person covered in blood was pulling themselves out the mess of clothes that were scattered around the floor. Your heart beat quickened, 'chinga tu madre, I would rather get yelled at by a costumer.'  You tried to pass by without being noticed by the person. Unfortunately, you just had to trip over rack on the floor, causing you to fall onto your knees with a loud "oof" and the sound of your naked knees scraping against the marble floors which made an uncomfortable squeaking sound. The person tried to hurry their movements to free themselves from the the clothes that were tangled around their legs to get you. You let out a squeak as you pushed yourself up. You made a dash for the door, pushing the door open, the bell ringing as you did so.