48. Be More Like Larys

Kill 'em with kindness / Gregor Clegane out now!

"Your brother has a temper." Blyana remarked.

"You are just figuring that out now?" Larys mused.

"He wouldnt snap at the kids right?"

"No, Harwin has limits." Larys thought on that. "If someone provoked his boys... I dont know what he would do actually." Larys admitted and it sent a shiver though Blyana's spine imagining the worst.

 +

''It fills me with unrelenting shame.' Lyonel remarked.

''So that's what this is about then? Your shame.'' Harwin countered

''Our shame, Harwin!'' Lyonel shouted back. ''Shame on the whole of House Strong.'

''Because I laid my hands on that insufferable Cole, the son of a steward?'' Harwin countered with a scoff. 

''He is a Knight of the Kingsguard now, a defender of the crown.'' Lyonel corrected through an exasperated breath.

''He assailed Prince Jacaerys, the future heir to the throne.'' they were both shouting to no avail, Harwin was going to protect his sons.

''You have laid us open to accusations of an uglier treachery.'' Lyonel spat. "Why can't you be more like Larys?" 

"Words I never thought I would hear you say." Harwin grumbled. 

"He has made a life for himself, a family, with a woman he is married to while you have brought only pain and treachery to our name!" Lyonel agreed. 

''And what treachery is that?'' Harwin countered annoyed.

''Don't play the fool with me, boy. Your intimacy with the Princess Rhaenyra is an offense that would mean exile and death... for you, for her, for the children!'' Lyonel reminded him sternly.

''It is rumor only... spun by the Princess's rivals'' Harwin hissed.

''People have eyes, boy. Yet His Grace the King, it seems, will not accept what his eyes see. This flimsy shield alone stands between you and the headsman." Lyonel told him.

"It's nothing-"

"The similarity between Blyana and Larys' children and Rhaenyra's is strange, is it not?" Lyonel countered. 

"It means nothing- maybe Larys-"

"Dont." Lyonel corrected. "Larys loves Blyana more than life itself. he wouldnt do something so stupid." 

"Stupid." Harwin murmured shaking his head. 

"Harwin!" 

"Father!" Harwin countered. 

"You are shameless, you know that? You flirt with your brothers wife, you father the princesses bastards you beat up knights in the courtyard and you have dug your grave!" Lyonel declared. ''The willful blindness of a father towards his child.''

''I wish my father affected a similar blindness.'' Harwin hissed.

''Have I not these many years? And yet today, you publicly assaulted a Knight of the Kingsguard in the, in the defense of your...''

''You have your honor and I have mine.'' Harwin told him solemnly. 

"You call this honor?" Lyonel countered. "How far you have fallen, have far both of us have fallen." 

+

"Ser Pounce you are sitting on Lucia's dress." Blyana remarked as she tried to clean up while Alicent had a council meeting. He purred rolling over. "Yes, get it all hairy thank you fluffy butt." Blyana agreed stroking the cats fur. 

Blyana looked to Bellamy, Lucia and Aemond and Daeron. Helaena and Aegon were at lessons. Aemond was so good with his younger sibling and cousins. Lucia was getting good at throwing her toys and Aemond would get up and fetch them from under the bed our couch for her. 

Blyana knelt down beside them running a hand over Daeron's head as he yawned out. 

"Are you bored honey?" Blyana pondered. 

"I missed training today and I missed all the fun." Daeron agreed. "I always miss all the fun." 

"I wouldnt call it fun." Blyana countered. "Ser Criston got hurt." 

"Yeah but like Aegon was going to beat Jace to the ground." Daeron countered. 

"That again, doesnt sound fun to me mister." Blyana reminded him. 

"I mean its not, not fun." Daeron offered. 

"You are spending too much time with Aegon." Blyana decided. 

Lucia giggled out throwing a little figurine across the room. Aemond got up moving to it. Blyana pulled him to her when he got back, she kissed his cheek holding him hostage in her arms. 

"You okay baby?" Blyana questioned. 

"Yeah, just a busy few days." 

"I hear you honey." Blyana agreed. "Alright little miss, Aemond is not your personal toy fetcher." Blyana remarked as Lucia raised a toy ready to throw it. "No, Aemond isnt going to get it, you will have to get it yourself." Lucia threw it a big smile on her face and she waited for someone to get it. "Nope, you go get it." Blyana corrected. 

"No." Lucia corrected. 

"yes, no one else is going to get it." Blyana corrected. 

"No..." Lucia giggled out. 

"I will get it." Daeron offered but Blyana grabbed him keeping him down. 

"No, Lucia will get it." Blyana corrected. "Thats sweet of you but she needs to learn to get her own toys." Lucia just kept smiling looking between them waiting patiently. Blyana was one little giggle of Lucia's away from getting it when Bellamy held it out for her. Blyana didnt even see him get up. 

"Here Lu." Bellamy handed it to her. 

"Tank Ou!" Lucia agreed tossing it up before grabbing her toy cat and jumping up running to the bed and putting it beside their real cat ser pounce.