~ Information ~

hello everyone!! welcome to the book two of my scaramouche series: The Most Important Gear! if you've come here from "A Tinkers Job" (book one), then welcome back! i hope you enjoy this series as much as the previous one! if you haven't read book one, i'd highly suggest that you check it out first, but if you don't want to then that's alright as well :)

i'd suggest you read the reminders section below before you get confused about anything you might come across:

reminders/what to expect:

- this book is an X FEMALE READER series! if you aren't okay with she/her pronouns, this is probably not the book for you!

- SOME things in this book are going to be dictated for you, ASIDE FROM THE VERY FEW WHICH YOU WILL FIND WHEN YOU SCROLL DOWN, everything else will be kind of vague so it allows this story to be more tailored to each individual. very few things will be implied (tying shoes, some shirt stuff, but that's about it) but they are very minor details

- depending on the timing, there COULD potentially be some fontaine content covered in this story (although my bets say no; 3rd book????)

- no time loops! my brain cannot handle it

- there will be blood, gore, and some fighting stuffs!

- cursing obv is included lol

- some characters are OOC or based off of my own head-cannons so pls understand that ty

- in this one there's going to be some more *ahem* more MATURE scenes (not smut or anything- just some more spicier stuff). warnings will be displayed, so view at your own risk

- just a reminder that you're also immortal (very similar to faruzan) so your aging stopped

- updates only push out when i am ready to! do not harass me to upload or post when i am not ready or if i don't feel like it. i write for my own enjoyment and on my own time and i have priorities :)

- BOOK 2 IS ALIGNED WITH THE ACTUAL STORY PLOT however it is NOT fully accurate.

*as past readers probably know, i posted "A Tinker's Job" right before the interlude quest with scaramouche came where he basically ctrl+alt+deleted himself out of history using irminsul, therefore some things are not lore accurate. some speculations will be made in order to make the book flow better, so please just keep that in mind before you try and correct me about it.*

- you will be referring to him as "kunikuzushi" or "kuni". i know that the player got the option to rename him, HOWEVER that would make this book super complex. you'll see why you get special name privileges later

- most of the first few chapters of this book is the actual storyline, except i wove you into it (later tho it changes and becomes more free will)

- theme of this book is mostly fluff with angst sprinkled inside

your character information

as stated, you don't really have definitive characteristics because this is YOU inside this story. however, the things you'll read down here WILL be dictated for you. it's very minor details, so just bear with me and i promise i will make you as cool and badass as possible (i know for a fact that i don't want to be the helpless protagonist in my own story, i get it!) without overdoing it :)

physical age: 20-22 years old

actual age: well it HAS to be over 22 years old lmao so this is technically your choice

vision: pyro (sorry if you don't like it! i will make you a badass so please do not worry about it)

weapon: n/a (explained down below)

elemental abilities: you're able to generate pyro without wielding a weapon. you can send pyro elemental energy to certain parts of your body which works out well for your engineering abilities, especially when working with metal parts. if concentrated, you can generate enough heat to turn iron into liquid (fun fact: you studied weapon creation and worked alongside blacksmiths to understand how to effectively create them!). you've developed certain tools that can rely on your pyro energy that makes your tinkering a LOT easier as well!

that's all that's explicitly stated :) other than that, it's all up to you! happy reading everyone! the first chapter will be up soon (mainly posted this because i was so excited to get the word out)!