"Not now Zeke, I have a lot to think about,"

"What did the queen said?" Zeke asked as if not hearing Yeran.

"What else? Same as always,"

"So she wants you to be with him?"

"Yes,"

"I told you that is going to happen," Zeke said.

"Don't tell me 'I told you so', Zeke, give me a solution for this"

"Solution?" Zeke laughed mockingly.

"What solution? Kill him, maybe,"

Yeran looked up, shocked. Zeke met his eyes, a warning clear on his face. He tightened his mouth.

"You.. are you being serious?"

"Obviously!" Zeke rolled his eyes.

"It will be very easy to arrange an accident you know, everyone is shooting arrows everywhere, setting traps, this is a forest filled with dangerous creatures, what can not happen?"

"Zeke, no!"

"What? You were supportive of that idea at the beginning, what changed your mind? Don't tell me you actually want him around?"

"This isn't about me wanting him around or not, it's about the alliance! If he died, then there will be a war! Dilhevia will expect recompense,"

"So? Let them go to war, it is not like we cannot win,"

"Are you out of your mind? How many people will die, not just theirs but ours as well," Yeran yelled.

"I don't particularly care Yeran, Dilhevia should have been put in their place a long time ago, if your darling consort can be a mean for that, by all means make him so!"

"Stop!" Yeran said, deadly quiet. "You cannot actually mean that,"

Zeke laughed, no humor in his voice.

"How certain are you that I am not?"

"Zeke, I asked for a solution, not a catastrophe, if you cannot help me with that, please let me be alone for the moment," Yeran turned away.

"You are missing the point here Yeran," Zeke grabbed him by the wrist, yanking him towards himself.

"No, I'm seeing the picture very clearly," Yeran said, displeased.

He raised his brows and Zeke shook his head, lightly.

"This isn't about us, this is about that hatred of yours towards Dilhevia,"

"Let go," he said, feeling Zeke's hand tighten.

"You must go before someone sees you and report to my mother," Yeran added, not about to start another argument.

"You need to stop hiding behind your mother's skirts Yeran,"

Yeran's eyes widened.

'That was so uncalled for!'

"I refuse to believe you just said that, please, leave," Yeran yanked his hand back, breaking free.

"We shall talk later," Zeke said, eyes smoking.

¤

Yeran crashed onto a chair, legs suddenly not steady enough to hold him.

He stared, dumbfounded, unable to process everything happening, stuck in between a rock and a hard place feeling as if alone with no allies.

He cannot trust Aki, who had put a blade to his throat not a month ago, no matter how justifiable his action was. He can neither trust Ruth, his supposed protector, for in him lies the blood of enemies. And now, now it seems as if he cannot trust anyone in his vicinity, all planning and scheming to get the bite out of the biggest fruit.

He leaned back, staring up at the canopy, trying to organize his muddled mind into some sort of a semblance.

¤

Yeran woke up, almost expecting a painful crick, remembering to have fallen on a chair but not getting up, surprised to be feeling warm and comfortable instead.

He opened his eyes to find himself on the bed, lying underneath the blanket. He rose, eyes straining against the dim light, staring in confusion at Aki, who had yet to take his eyes off him from where he was perched on the very same chair Yeran had probably fallen asleep on last night.

"Even I'm not as heartless enough to leave you on a chair this uncomfortable Yeran," Aki said, seeing him awake and reading the question on his face.

"When did you came back?"

"I am saying this as a friendly reminder Yeran, death is not as fascinating as it sounds, trust me, if any one were to know, it would be me," Aki said, tone mild, leaving Yeran in dread to wonder how much of conversation he had heard.

"I..."

"No excuses, please, they only make things worse," Aki rose to his feet.

"Better get dressed your highness, the hunt isn't over yet."

¤¤¤

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Zeke

Zeke

.
.
.
.
.
.

Ruth

Ruth

.
.
.
.

Hey,

Took a break after the three chapters in a row, was feeling a bit stuck.

So...what you guys think? Comment! And vote!

Here's the million dollar question, (I'm not that rich, just a metaphor,) Ruth? Aki? Or Zeke? Or harem?

🤣🤣😈😈

Ponder....ponder.....

See ya,

Arkhane.