Chapter nine? More like... chapter... I dunno, 9?

Techno isn't an idiot, he could tell that something has been up with the three spirits that were haunting his home.

For starters, they were quieter than usual. Staying close to one another and refraining from joining in the twins' conversations.

Don't think for a second that Techno didn't see Tommy's longing glances out the windows and how the kid would stand on the porch when the sun would hit the planks just right, sitting in the sun like a cat.

Or how Ranboo would stare at Techno's bookshelf again and again with a pout, already having gone through almost the entirety of Techno's collection within a week. Catching the way the kid would softly touch the spines as though they were feeling out the texture.

Techno even left them a highlighter and pen with a sticky note saying they should feel free to mark out phrases that stood out to them. Stuff for Techno to think over when he eventually got around to reading them.

Even Tubbo was acting funny, and he was always filled with some sort of hyper energy.

The smaller ghost was constantly fidgeting and moving, poking at devices within the house that he hadn't seen before. Once, Techno had even caught him with his face halfway inside the TV, and when Techno made his presence known, Tubbo was able to tell him a rough theory on how he believed the newer series of flat screen TVs in the world worked. Though Techno really didn't understand any of it. He wasn't really a technical guy.

He also saw the way Tubbo was always following Phil like a lost puppy, endlessly curious on what the man was up to even though Phil couldn't see him.

Today, Techno decided enough was enough.

"Wilbur!" He shouted, barging into his brother's room as soon as the weekend hit. Saturday his beloved. "Wake up! We're going out!"

He grabbed Wilbur's pillow and smacked the guy with it, forcing his brother into consciousness before practically dragging him out of bed. "Get dressed! Hurry up before I drag you out of here in your pajamas!"

With that he left Wilbur in his room, ignoring his brother's questions as he determinedly marched into the kitchen to make them both some coffees to go.

Wilbur came out shortly after Techno had the second cup ready, still adjusting his sweater over a white collared shirt and fixing the beanie on his head.

Techno shoved the coffee cup in Wilbur's hand and headed towards the front door.

"Where are you guys going?" Tommy's voice suddenly asked, pulling the twins to a stop as he appeared from beneath the floor.

"Yeah Techno, where are we going?"

Techno sighed, "I'll tell you when we get back Tommy. I promise. Wilbur, I'll tell you in the car."

"You will come back, right?" Tommy asked, painfully quiet. An almost desperate tone hidden within his voice.

Techno eyed the kid, seeing the way Tommy held himself in a stiff manner while trying to keep a brave face.

"Of course Tommy." Wilbur assured him. "We just unpacked all of our things, there's no way we'll leave you guys behind now. I'd find a way to take you all with us if we did happen to leave."

Tommy nodded, uncharacteristically quiet.

Wilbur tsked, "What's the matter, Toms? You seem upset."

Tommy only shook his head, "have a good day. We'll be... well- you know where we are. We're always here."

With that, he drifted up and through the ceiling, back towards the shared attic of his ghostly roommates.

Techno pressed his lips together, keeping the heartbreak off his face from seeing Tommy so sad. "Come on Wil. We'll talk in the car."