Demons.

Chapter 6:

A man stood over me, a knife in his grasp. He bent down, revealing his face. I felt fear course through my body. I screamed, his face inches from mine. His dimples surfaced as he smiled down at me. Harry's emerald eyes had been replaced with black circles, entrancing me, frightening me. I felt a sharp pain in my heart, crying out for help as He continued to stab at me, twisting the blade into my chest deeper each time. I continued to scream in pain, begging him to stop. He just kept saying my name. Soft, smooth, repeated over and over.

"Kelsey."

"Kelsey."

"Kelsey. Wake up! Please, wake up!"

I felt myself coming back to reality, Harry's voice pulling me in both directions.

My eyes shot open as I hurled myself off of the hospital bed. I landed on all fours, crawling to the farthest corner, away from Harry. My hand clutched my heart, calming slightly when there was no stab wound there.

I looked up to see Harry sat wide eyed on the bed I had been seconds ago. I stood slowly, taking a step towards him.

"Wait." He held up a hand, stopping me.

"Har-" I began but he cut me off.

"No. What the hell just happened?" He demanded, anger and fear flooded his voice.

"I had a nightmare." I stated calmly.

"A nightmare where I was stabbing you?" He questioned me.

"H-how did you know?"

"It's not hard to figure out when you're screaming for me not to kill you." His eyes were hard, trying to figure it out in his head. I opened my mouth to speak when he cut me off again.

"Shit Kelsey, you're bleeding." He gestured to my arm. Blood gushed from my inner elbow, where my IV had been ripped out. Harry eased himself up from the bed, taking my hand in his carefully.

He pulled me into the joint bathroom of the hospital room, sitting me on the lid of the toilet. He kept his hold on my hand, using his other to dampen a paper towel. I studied his face as he cared for my injury.

His eyes locked on mine, i expected to see the blackness like during my nightmare but all I saw was hurt.

"We're going home." He stated firmly.

My mind raced, trying to understand. "What?"

"I'm going home and I refuse to leave you here." He led me from the bathroom, nudging me towards the bed. "I'll be back in a few minutes, pack your stuff."

Everything about Harry seemed off. How badly had I scared him with my nightmare? I pulled on a fresh hospital gown, no other clothes in sight. He kept his promise, returning like he had said.

"It's 4 in the morning, Harry. I can just stay here." I offered.

"No."

"Bu-"

"No." His hand held mine once more as we exited the room. The late night staff shot us disapproving looks as we descended to the ground level of the hospital.

We were near the entrance when Harry stopped. He slipped his shoes off, followed by his jacket. He helped me into the jacket, then the shoes. Smiling at my small feet trying to fit into them.

The ride to his house was a blur, my conscience hanging by a thread. I dozed off for minutes at a time, the pain in my arm waking me up.

Walking up to Harry's house made my stomach churn, only a week earlier i was close to killing this man, and here I was now, walking into the same situation once again, only now I was weapon less.

I led my own way based on where I thought his bedroom was. We didn't talk once, simply crawled into bed with each other, keeping a lot of distance between us.

"Harry?" I whispered, hoping he was awake. He rolled over, facing me.

"I'm so sorry." My voice caught in my throat.

"Do you want to know why Lexxi left me?" His question startled me.

I looked into his eyes, searching for a reason for why he's wanting to tell me this.

He laughed angrily, memories flooding back. "She left me a note. Not a formal one, it was written on the back of a paper bag. Saying 'I can't believe you would kill Taylor to be with me, you're crazy, she was only a cover up' I didn't like her but I sure as hell didn't kill her."

My breathing had stopped, taken back by what he has just told me.

"She thought you killed Taylor? That makes no sense." His eyes looked defeated.

"It made sense to her, but it's too late now."

"Do they know who killed Taylor?" I swallowed the sob in my throat, holding myself together.

"No." Harry sighed. "That's why You really scared me earlier. For a moment I had thought- never mind. It was stupid of me."

The pieces fell into place. He was scared I thought he would kill me. He assumed I knew his ex thought of him as a killer, when he isn't. I am.

Tears fell freely down my cheeks, i made him the target here. I ruined his relationship, making him upset enough to catch the attention of Ryan.

"I'm sorry" were the only words I could get out. I repeated them countless times even after Harry pulled me close, holding me tight.

His emotional wounds had began to heal this past week but they ripped open again tonight.

"Why are you letting me in? I don't deserve it." I mumbled against his chest.

"You're different, Kelsey."

His words sunk in, the tears on my face drying.

A warm light shone against my face, the sunrise leaking in through the open window of Harry's bedroom.

The right side of my face was pressed to Harry's chest, my body practically on top of him. One of his hands was securely holding me against him, his other laced with mine.

I couldn't remember when we had fallen asleep, we talked for what felt like hours.

I rolled off of his body, getting up for the day. I double checked the buttons on the back of my hospital gown before leaving the bedroom, in search of food.

After rummaging through the cupboards of the kitchen for 20 minutes, I decided Harry needed some groceries. I reached into the fridge pulling out a carton of milk and holding it up to my nose.

I inhaled cautiously, my face twisting at the soured scent. I plugged my nose, draining the carton in the sink.

I managed to go through the entire kitchen, throwing away and organizing what little food there was, when Harry fell into the kitchen.

His palms were covering his eyes, moans and groans leaving his mouth.

"Well, good morning." I tossed over my shoulder, waiting for my mug to fill up with coffee. He huffed, opening the freezer. He grabbed a pen off of the counter, scribbling something onto a notepad near the sink. Curiosity got the best of me and I shifted towards the note.

-milk

-cereal

-bread

-strawberries

The list of needed groceries dragged on, filling the entire notepad. I saw where Harry had just written 'WAFFLES' in the space between pickles and apple juice.

"You know what we should do today, Harry?" I asked, pulling my mug from the coffee maker.

"Hmm." He grunted in response. I waltzed over to him, coffee in hand.

Standing on my tip toes, i whispered in his ear, "let's go grocery shopping."

.....................

Short, sorry. <3

As always, comment, vote, feedback is great!

-Miranda