The cat eye squinted her eyes at her.

"You've looked it up."

"Yeah. It's everywhere. Together in the list of all the other properties that your family reportedly owns."

Yeji reached out to hold her hand. "I could sense that it's bothering you a little. But Jagiya... I don't own them. My parents do. And I'm sorry if I didn't ask you beforehand and de-"

"Hey", Ryujin gave her a soft smile. "There's absolutely nothing to apologize for. Thank you for arranging everything. I think all of us could use a week of vacation from uni."

The cat eye nodded and fell into a nap minutes after.

Ryujin looked at her fondly - a thousand things on her mind.

Has she really dealt with the problem with her Mom?

Junior year's almost done and we have one more year left. What happens then?

What if I don't find success in the arts? What if I don't make something of myself? Will Yeji stay with me?

Her gaze was fixed on her girlfriend - delicately appreciating the way she looks so innocent as she sleeps, the slight rise and fall of her chest as she breathes, the strand of hair that fell on her face as she arched her head to get into a more comfortable position.

The way that I'd do anything for this woman. She thought to herself.

And the way that it scares the shit out of me.

"Talk." She was brought back to her consciousness by her best friend - who has been watching her for several minutes.

"Huh?" She looked at her, confused.

"You were overthinking just now. Tell me what you're thinking. The others are asleep, too, anyway."

The brunette paused.

"I guess I was just... a little intimidated by all this."

"By what?" The other girl asked further.

"By all that she is. All that her family is. All the properties, and the power, and the way she's a little too different from me."

Lia crossed her eyebrow.

"What do you mean? Yeji is just... her. She's her own person. And she loves you a lot. Even I could tell, and I'm not part of your relationship."

Lia tries her best to comfort her best friend. Despite knowing the doom that's about to come once Yeji tells her that she's leaving, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the cat eye, too.

Yeji has been confiding with Lia about her feelings almost every night when she couldn't sleep - which is pretty much every night now.

"Will she hate me forever? I'd hate to break her heart." The cat eye asked her one night after recovering from a nightmare. She was almost hyperventilating as she dialed Lia's number and the latter had to stay with her for hours to make sure that she had calmed down before hanging up.

There were several more nights after that.

Sometimes, Yeji would even show up on their porch when she was sure that Ryujin was already asleep. Lia would go out to meet her. Some nights were messy when the cat eye would bawl and cry non stop. Some nights were quiet and required nothing but company.