Episode - 0

*In dance studio*

"No wonder we had to go over this six times, you all suck!"

"Especially you Yuri, sometime I wonder how you ever got signed to this company" sighed my dance teacher.

"Lets take five girls, and come back when your talented."

As all the other new young trainees went to go get water and talk about how excited they were to get signed to an actual company I stood there in awe. Her words rang in my ears like a bell. Im the only 23 year old here surrounded by teenagers who will probably debut before me. My face became hot and I grit my teeth. This isnt the first time something like this has happened but somehow I get hurt by it every time.

Allow me to introduce myself. Im 23 year old Hwang Yuri. Most people my age would have a boring office job, but not me. Im an idol. Ok maybe I lied a little, im not actually an idol, more of a wannabe one. Ever since I could remember, my dream belonged to the stage. I would watch Wonder Girls and Girls Generation performances and I knew who I wanted to be. At age sixteen I decided to form a k-pop cover group with my friends, we werent that good but at the time I was so proud of myself. We were doing a busking event (busking is a form of public performance) once when I was finally scouted.

                                                           *flash back to the busking event*

"Ma'ma my I speak with you?"

"Ma'ma? Please call me Yuri." I gave him my biggest smile, I knew who he was. Agents always came to things like these looking for fresh meat. But today was the day one had ever actually spoken to me. 

He stared at me for a while, silent. I became a little uncomfortable so I decide to just ask him.

"Is there something that I can help you with sir?" Shit! Yuri that wasnt what we had planned. I have been training myself for this day, a day someone would finally recognize my talent.

"Oh, sorry if I had made you uncomfortable there I just couldnt help but stare." 

"Perv." I mumbled and rolled my eyes.

"Yuri, is it? I hope this isnt too blunt but you have the voice of an angel and the body of a model. You kinda remind me of Yoona from Girls Generation. Say, are you signed to a company?"

SUCCESS! Yuri 1 the world 0.

                                                            *back to the inner monologue*

And just like that, I was a member of SKC entertainment. Thinking back I was so naive to join the first company that I saw but it was the first time I had felt validated as an idol, hell maybe as a person. Something about it made me feel so...special. 

Later that year I joined debut group C and the company started planning my whole life. 

"Your going to debut in two years at age eighteen, no one wants a grandma performing." By grandma they meant anyone over thirty of course.

"We'll place you in a six member group, the same girls your currently training with in group C."

"Yuri your a bright star and we know you help take our little company and get it up there with other companies like PYJ or GY. We believe in you." 

I forgot how it felt to be the favorite. To think I was once adored by the same people who call me worthless now. 

I waited two years, nothing.

"Yuri....theres no easy way to say this."

"Oh god am I getting kicked out! Theres nothing that could be worse then that" I thought to myself.

"We are finally debuting group C." My heart exploded. I had never been in love but is this what it feels like to be? I want to scream and shout and cry but my little party was interrupted.

"...without you." When those words left the CEO's mouth, my heart sank.

What

The 

Actual

Fuck.

I think I finally found something worse than getting kicked out of the company, seeing all your once best friends debut in the group you were supposed to be in. The worst part was their debut song blew up, a song I wrote. I feel like one of the most unluckiest girls. When the group, named Hidden Kard is now a household name and your still a trainee after 7 years it makes you wonder, will I ever make it?

Im 23 and ive gotten nowhere in my carrier. Im running out of time and im done waiting for my company to screw me over again. You're probably wondering why the day where I got scolded for my dancing was included. It's because thats the day I decided to leave my company once and for all.

If your reading this thank you so much! Im trying my best to write a good story for yall. Let know if you want episode 1 :)