Trig ushered Akira to a bed in the bunk room where he started working on healing her arm. Kakashi trailed behind them and climbed into the bunk above her. Akira fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit her pillow.

+++

When she woke a few hours later, she seemed to be alone in the bunk room. Her upper arm had been bandaged, and her makeshift sling replaced with an actual one. Akira groaned and sat up. The room was quiet, and she could only barely hear some sounds outside. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Kashi?" Akira said. He had fallen asleep above her earlier but there was no answer. She reached up and punched the bed above her hard enough to make the frame rattle. Still nothing.

"Huh," she mused. She didn't think she had slept that long. Which meant...had he even slept at all?

Akira threw her blanket off and got out of bed. She stretched her neck and right arm, then found her bag next to the wall. She dug through it for her deoderant, and used it to hide the fact that she probably stunk. Though she struggled to do her right side. Akira finished and walked over to the door to put her shoes on.

As she was pulling on her sandal, which she was having some difficulties doing, someone's footsteps echoed down the stairway. It sounded like the person had a slight limp. The footsteps stopped outside the door, and a creak sounded as the door swung open.

Frog slipped into the room, then froze upon seeing Akira staring at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Whatchya doin'?" She asked, sarcasm creeping into her tone.

His jaw dropped open. "Duuhhh," he said.

What the hell was the matter with him?

"Dude?" She demanded.

"Gah! Sorry--Fox--uh--" he stuttered.

"Jesus, Frog, you're hopeless." Someone pushed the door open further. Blight stood there with a grimace on his face. "Glad to see you back, Fox."

"Thanks, Blight."

"Yeah. Did you get him?"

Blight smacked Frog over the back of the head. "Have some class dude! She doesn't even have her shoes on yet."

"Ow! Geez!"

Akira rubbed her eyes and sighed, grumbling under her breath, "I haven't even brushed my teeth either."

Frog's protests were suddenly cut off.

"Move it," a low voice said from the hall. Akira could hardly make out the words it was so quiet.

Blight looked over his shoulder while Frog frowned, seemingly disappointed. But Akira couldn't see who was in the hall. She narrowed her eyes at the doorway, curious to see who was out there.

"I'm her doctor, I'm allowed to be here right now," Blight argued.

"You're a patient too, and thus can't use medical ninjutsu. You're at higher risk of draining your chakra quicker than you realize. So no, you are not a doctor."

Akira smirked. She knew that voice. She'd never forget it.

Frog slipped past the other person and scrambled down the stairs. He'd made a good call.

Blight glared daggers at the person in the hallway. He slowly clenched his fist. He took a deep breath and asked in a growl, "what do you want?"

"To talk to Akira," the person snapped.

"We're using codenames on this mission, Char."

"Fine. To talk to Fox."

Blight slowly moved out of the doorway, glaring the whole way. He turned and started down the steps, moving slower than Frog had. The person stepped into the room and leaned up against the doorframe with his arms crossed.