𝙾𝚞𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚡

(TW for child abuse)

A yellow man with a blue pompadour showed brightly on the TV screen.

"Hello, neighbor!" He greeted, making her skin crawl.

"Hi." She muttered under her breath, slightly scared.

"Hmmm..." The man pondered for a second and turned to face the canvas  behind him. "What to draw, what to draw..."

Her head lit up at his words. "Oooh! Maybe... Maybe a, uh... A dog!" She smiled. "Y'know, like Barnaby!"

He chuckled softly. "Yes, yes." His emotionless eyes mildly terrified her each time she went up to look at him from her paper. "So, first, we-"

She listened closely to his directions and, soon enough, a drawing of a dog stood proudly on her faltering paper.

"Oh, look at that, dear. A dog. Heh." The yellow man chuckled, before a loud noise plagued both of their ears.

"JUNO!" She scrambled to go turn off the TV, but it was already too late. Her mother came stomping in, screaming horrifically degrading things at her, before getting physical.

"GET UP." The screams hurt her ears and she started to sob even more. "GET UP RIGHT NOW OR I'LL HIT YOU AGAIN." She shakily got up from the small puddle of blood, before being struck in the head and falling back down once again.

This cycle continued for hours.

Eventually, she broke free and ran as far away from her house as she could.

No matter how much her feet tore and bled, she kept running. Running until she knew for sure her mother would never find her. Running until she could end up in a fun, colorful world with the fun, colorful man trapped in her TV screen. Running until she'd leave this world forever.

And that was when she felt a sharp pain in her left foot.

Then her right foot.

Then her right arm.

Then her left arm.

And, as soon as she knew it, she couldn't even run anymore from the pain.

Soon enough, her mother would catch up to her, but she didn't know exactly where she was.

"Juno? Oh, Juno!"

No response.

"Juno, are you out there?"

No response.

Suddenly, she saw something above her.

A man.

A yellow man.

He picked her up, before all she could see was... Nothing.

Well, nothing except for the forest, and eventually a place so colorful it strained her cold, dying eyes.

//A/N- Sorry if it's obvious I gave up like half way through. I didn't feel like taking my meds for insomnia so I wrote this at like three in the morning and I was kinda dozing off at that point. Anyway I might rewrite the ending later ;b//