"Have you said that you were not willing to hunt, my child," though her words were kind, the edge was still there, which probably went unnoticed by Zeke, his face turning ugly at the familial address.

"I....," Aki threw a glance at Yeran.

"It isn't that mother, I was merely not used to the idea of hunting for festival reasons, but if it is for tradition, I have no issue in participating," he smiled.

"See, good, off you both go, stay together and be successful." The queen clapped her hands cheerily, throwing a glance of warning at Yeran.

"Yes mother," face dark Yeran slipped a hand through the crook of Aki's elbow, almost dragging him away, Aki easily letting him whisked away with an amused smile.

¤¤¤

"Have you ever hunted at all, Aki?" Yeran asked, displeased. They had trotted deeper into the woods, separated from other parties, only Ruth keeping them company, far enough not to eavesdrop, but close enough if a danger were to occur.

"Not animals," Aki replied, smiling like a cat.

Yeran again felt that irrational fear, realizing how easy it would be to pretend an accident. Not that that would ever work, Yeran was no one if not prepared, he already had a small army in the shadows, keeping guard every inch of the way, Ruth almost a decoration only.

He wasn't ready enough to trust either of the brothers' even with the restrictions he bound Aki with and his ever growing habit of familiarizing himself to Yeran and Ruth's almost honest explanation and given proof.

"Bow a familiar weapon?" Yeran asked, pretending to be ignorant.

"Not particularly, I prefer daggers, less messy." Aki replied, offhand, his attention flickering around.

"Anything wrong, Prince Aki?" Yeran asked.

"I cannot seem to be shaking off the feeling that we are being followed." Aki said, confirming Yeran's suspicion.

He idly tapped the pommel of his saddle, tapping out a rhythm. Knowing where Aki's attention was fixed is not at his own people.

"There are many in the woods today Prince Aki, and not all of them are human." Yeran waved off his concerns.

"Hmm....." Aki hummed, though not particularly satisfied.

¤¤¤

The arrow shot true, missing nary an inch, sinking straight through the animals kidney, killing it instantly.

"You are good," Aki praised, sounding genuine.

"You are not so bad yourself Prince Aki," Yeran said, eyeing the matching bore that lay just a few feet away, two arrows locked onto the body, one at a flank and the other straight through the head.

"Why, Thank you, from you, not bad is such a high compliment." Aki said, charmingly.

Aki slipped off the horse, circling the fallen pray. He grimaced,

"Don't tell me we have to drag these back ourselves." Yeran couldn't help but laugh at the expression on his face.

"No, the servants will already be tracking us, the arrows are marked specifically for each person, they shall know who the kill belongs to," Yeran assured him.

"Thank gods!" Aki sighed in relief.

"An assassin disgusted by blood," Yeran wondered aloud.

"A dead animal and a dead human is quite different in my eyes Prince Yeran." Aki replied critically.

"You do realize that, that is quite discomforting, right?" Yeran asked.

"I'm never nothing but honest your highness, I can kill a man with no hesitation, but an animal who had done no wrong? For no purpose but fun? That itself is the worst misdeed." Aki replied, honest.

"It isn't for fun, it is for tradition, and these animals will provide the people some sustenance in coming winter." Yeran refuted.

"That can be said as these are bores, but what of the other animals, animals that can be fed upon are not all that will be killed, hmm?" Aki asked, looking up at Yeran.

Yeran had no answer to give, knowing Aki to be speaking the truth.

"That's what I thought," Aki said as a reply to Yeran's silence, swinging up onto his saddle, not sparing Yeran another glance.

Unable to find where the intention of comforting him came from, Yeran kept silent.

¤¤¤

.
.
.
.
.

Yeran

Yeran

Aki

.
.
.
.
.
.

Hey,

2nd chapter for today, aren't I generous? Say, do you feel like the story is getting boring? Like the hype at beginning is dying down?

Arkhane.