Doing This On My Own.

Start from the beginning

"Where did you go?" I asked tears forming in my eyes.

I was actually worried about him; I couldn't understand these feelings that was overcoming my body. I thought he had died, I thought he was hurt, I thought he was kidnapped.

"I-I had to leave... Now can we go..." Garrett simply replied.

I shook my head in disbelief. "I'm sorry... I was worried about you..." I spat.

I walked away and walked along the road, Harlem ran after me and asked if I was okay.

"Let's just keep moving." I replied.

Garrett followed after us, surprisingly quiet.

"I'm hungry..." Harlem whined breaking the silence.

I smirked. "Eat yourself..."

He snorted. "I cannot..."

I smiled at him and got lost in his pool of grey eyes again. I still couldn't believe Garrett and I-- mainly me got him into this; he was innocent.

"Okay... Stop stargazing I found something..." Garrett cut in walking over to a used car.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the car with Harlem trailing after me.

"We could use this to...--" he trailed off trying to open the door, I looked at it; was it stuck?

I put my palm up and zapped the door, it came right open without a scratch.

"Get out of here..." Garrett said looking at me.

He smirked and hopped in the front seat.

"So... Is this how we are getting to Mahagony?" Harlem asked hopping in the back seat as I did also.

The car smelled of dead flowers and grass, I didn't mind the smell it was just a weird combination.

"We need to hot wire the car..." Garrett confessed fiddling with the wires.

"So... What are you going to do when you see him?" Harlem asked me.

I looked at him quickly, surprised at the question I didn't even know the answer to. That was a good question.

What would I do?

"I don't know... But I'll be happy." I replied as I heard the engine roar to life.

"Got it!" Garrett beamed.

"Wait... You guys..." Harlem called out.

Both Garrett and I looked at him in a questioning state.

"Why won't Rain just time travel us there? Since she needs to work on that a little more... This could be practice." Harlem suggested.

Garrett nodded. "Why not?"

He looked at me as I looked at the both of them.

"I don't know... What if I take us to the wrong place?" I spoke.

I really didn't want to mess up our journey. I couldn't understand the point if we already had a car.

"But you have powers..." Garrett blurted out as if he could read my mind.

I snapped my head up at him. "Did you just--..." I trailed off.

I couldn't finish my question; I was too taken aback. Garrett seriously had too many secrets to him, it saddened me.

"If you read my mind, just say so!" I snapped getting angry.

I couldn't understand why, maybe because this dude had too many secrets that he should have shared from the beginning.

"Look... Are you going to do this or not?" Garrett asked ignoring what just happened.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Fine..."

"Good..." he said and turned around to the front of the car.

I took a minute to glare at the back of his head, he could seriously be a dick sometimes. Squashing him out of my mind I closed my eyes and sat back in the seat, getting comfortable.

I needed to be concentrated since I was doing this willingly instead of just going to sleep as I usually do without realizing. I had no idea how this worked, But I was going to try.

I felt myself go into complete relaxation and let my mind drift off to my father, I pictured us in Mahagony, reuniting in hugs and kisses.

All of a sudden, I felt this aggressive pull to my mind. It felt like I was being pulled forward with a violent tug, like I was in the ocean and being pulled by a current. Feeling the pull stop, I opened my eyes, and I were standing on the street alone.

Alone?

I looked around in confusion, aggravated to think that Harlem and Garrett didn't come with me.

I heard a car horn and quickly turned around; a truck was coming towards me. I quickly got out of its way, running to the sidewalk. I bumped into someone as they were walking in front of me.

"Sorry..." I called out.

Fully looking at my surroundings, people walked around, cars sped across the street, buildings looked lively and open. I peered at a green and white sign that held "Welcome to Mahagony"

And of course, I was in Mahagony without Harlem and Garrett.

Crap! What did I just do?