"Why is it that every time we meet you keep asking me that?" He asked.

"Because I like you" I said irritated.

He looked at me for what felt like a minute then blinked twice and tilted his head to the side.

"Huh?" He asked frowning.

"You're really dense" I said.

"Wait...What the hell? That was so random" He said.

"No it's not random...I've liked you from a far for a while now it's not my fault that you never noticed" I said.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Wow...You're really something...Do you know that I'm eight years older then you? And not just that...I have a son too" He said.

Then stood up and put off his cigarette.

"It's cute and all but you won't be able to handle me" He said.

"You mean that I should give up?" I asked.

"Yes...Find someone your age and someone who fits your expectations better you're still a student" He said.

Then walked over to the door.

"You can stay here for the time being I'll stop by whenever I have a chance to see if you need anything...You can tell your brother about what happened later" He said.

Then left.

I sat down on the floor then started crying.

(Two days later)

Vegas's P.O.V:

I went back home two days after the incident happened because I had to make sure that the old blind guard and his family were safe.

I rubbed my temples in an attempt to ease my headache.

The news about what happened to the Theerapanyakul farm was already out and mr Korn is probably looking for me.

I walked over to Pete's apartment and rang the doorbell.

He opened the door after a minute.

"Vegas...Where have you been?" Pete asked.

Then pulled my forearm to let me into the place.

I winced in pain when he touched my burn.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's nothing I'm alright" I said.

Then walked into the place and closed the door behind me.

"Where's Macau? Is he still in school?" I asked.

"Yes...Where have you been though? Have you heard the news?" Pete asked.

I pursed my lips into a thin line and walked over to the kitchen without saying anything.

Then grabbed a glass and filled it with water before gulping it down.

"Vegas I'm talking to you" He said angrily.

I sighed heavily and brushed my hair back.

"Yes Pete...I've heard the news about what happened to the Theerapanyakul farm...Who didn't? It's the talk of the hour" I said irritated.

"And did you know that mr Korn is suspecting Porsche?" He asked.

I frowned and tilted my head to the side.

"Why would he do that?" I asked.

"It was revealed that your father killed his parents...Then the Theerapanyakul family took over his land...This land that burned was Porsche's inheritance" Pete said.

I stayed silent as I felt a chill run down my spine...

What have I done?

"Vegas...Roll up your sleeves and show me your arms right now" Pete said.

I pursed my lips into a thin line and looked at the floor.

"NOW" Pete yelled angrily.

I nodded and rolled up my sleeve carefully so I won't irritate the burn further.

Pete sighed heavily and nodded to himself then walked over to me.

"Did anyone die?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"All the guards were gone by the time I came" I said.

He nodded.

"Listen to me then...At the time of the incident you weren't there...The entire thing happened because someone was careless with cigarettes and ended up setting fire to some wood ok?" He asked.

"But what about Porsche?" I asked frowning.

"He was with mr Kinn at the time so he won't be a suspect" Pete said.

Then took a deep breath.

"As for you...At the time of the incident...You were with me ok?" He asked.

I nodded in understanding.

Then he walked over to the bathroom.

"Come on...You need to get this treated and let's hope it gets fully recovered before the police or your uncle could connect the dots and get to you" He said.

Then helped me treat the burn.

What that fortune teller said suddenly came to my mind.

He said that I'll meet someone who will erase my past as if it never happened...

I looked at Pete who was still busy with taking care of my burn.

But what if he gets into trouble because of me?