"Do you know who'll be coming from the Auror team?" I asked, crossing one leg over the other and relaxing back in my seat.

"Nobody," Bones' voice boomed back immediately, and Williams and I both started and stared at her.

"I beg your pardon?" I asked at the same time as Williams blurted out:

"What?"

"There are no wizards involved," Bones informed us, her eyes turning quite serious behind her monocle. "At least not that we know of as yet. That's your job."

"But... but... how?" I faltered. "I mean, what makes the Muggle police force think this has something to do with the Erised case if there are no wizards involved?"

"A woman leapt off the roof of her building tonight," she informed us, cooly.

"The Muggle police force's initial searches of her flat, as well as all accounts of close friends and family, confirm that she'd become obsessed with a gentleman who lived up the street.

"Upon questioning, it would seem that the gentleman in question is a Muggle with no connections whatsoever to the deceased.

"I've no doubt between the two of you, we'll find the connection soon enough," Bones allowed us a rare smile.

My mobile pinged just then, and I heard Williams' give a similar sound.

"It appears your coordinates have arrived," Bones said.

"I'll await your report on Monday.

"Of course, if there is something urgent, you both know how to reach me before then."

She disappeared then, without a sound.

"I guess we'd better get going," Williams said, standing and brushing off the front of his trousers.

"Wanna side-along?" he joked, holding a crooked elbow out to me.

"I appreciate the offer, but I've always preferred Apparating on my own," I informed him, rising and buttoning my suit jacket.

"Sorry," I added, as I Disapparated to the designated location.

I hadn't meant to be rude, but Williams had always kind of annoyed me. 

***

Williams and I found ourselves on the corner of Edgeley and Voltaire roads in Clapham Old Town, shadowed by three of the ubiquitous townhouses that defined the area stood apart from their neighbours thanks to an attic-level second-storey and an ornate, triangular façade, seeming much like three stalwart siblings guarding over the pavement below.

The street was already cornered off with the barricade tape Muggles used to keep nosey passers-by at length, and a band of Muggle police stood in a cluster on the pavement fronting the third of the "siblings."