Everything Else is Minute

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You really love me, don't you?" she winked at him.

"In this lifetime and in the next and in the next," he tickled her side.

She wiggled against him as she tried to laugh quietly so as not to disturb anyone who might be already asleep in their houses. They were in a secluded spot, far from the houses, but she wanted to prolong their alone time.

"Baby, stop," she giggled.

He shifted her position so that she sat on his lap with her knees on either side of his hips on the sand. He held her face and kissed her slowly, wanting to prolong their alone time together as well. His hands moved from her face to slide up her thighs up to her hipbones where he rubbed his thumbs in a circular motion against her hipbones. She felt herself grow warm, and her breath quickened, which he took as a sign to begin tugging at the garter top of of her underwear.

"Here?" she whispered against his lips.

"Yes, baby. I need you now," he whispered back.

She just nodded in response. They've never been like this in public, but it was nearing midnight, no one was around, and she needed him as well. They still had all their clothes on, except her underwear, and from the looks of how they sat, it looked like they weren't doing anything more than kissing and cuddling, but Beth was trying very hard to keep quiet, and Jake was helping her by kissing her in rhythm to each jerk of his hips. She held on tightly around his neck as he buried his face on her neck when they finished.

"I love you, my love."

"I love you, too."

"Gagawin ko ang lahat para sa pagbalik ko, sayong sayo na ako, na buong buo. Hintayin mo ko, sana wag kang magsawa maghintay."

"Maghihintay ako, no matter how long it takes. You're worth it."

And they kissed again under the bright moon light.

 ***

"Mrs. Morgan, in your own words, state your side of the story on why you married Mr. Morgan," Attorney Gamboa said to Beth after she swore on the Bible.    

Beth took a calming breath before starting from the very beginning.   "Five years ago, I was in a horrible car accident.  Kagaya ng sabi ni Dr. Moreno, matagal bago ako nagising, at nung nagising ako, wala na akong maalala.  The only thing I remember was na Beth nga ang pangalan ko.  The first people I saw upon waking up was Nick and his wife Anna.  Hindi ko sila kilala, and I don't even know why they chose to help me, pero ang alam ko lang ay sobra nilang bait.  Tinulungan nila ako, a stranger, out of the goodness of their hearts.  Anna was very pregnant then, and she had a heart condition that made her pregnancy very delicate.  When she gave birth, namatay sya.  Di ko maiwanan si Nick and his baby then. I made a promise to Anna na I will take care of them.  It just turned out na Nick was planning to migrate back to California, and he wanted to take me with him to help him with the baby.  Napamahal na rin ako sa bata, so agad agad akong nag yes.  Pero I didn't know na since wala nga akong papers, nagpakasal na lang kami ni Nick, so I can apply for a visa and get a passport, things like that.  Wala naman rin kasing nagclaim sa akin, at ako rin, hindi rin ako nagpahanap.  At the time, I didn't think much of it, I just wanted to show my gratitude to the man who saved my life, by helping him take care of the baby."  

Beth's tears began flowing down her cheeks.  She looked at Nick who gave her a tight lipped smile and a nod of his head, an assurance that she can take her time, this is not a trial of anything she did wrong.  The judge just wanted to hear all sides of the story and see if an annulment can be granted.  Beth quickly wiped away her tears and continued.