"... Kyou..."

That was all she needed.

~~~~~

Ichikawa was forced out of his illusion by an ear-piercing scream. Though, even when he came to, he spotted a giant with a bow that made him wonder if he was still dreaming. Looking down, he saw that it was coming out of Kimiko's back and immediately recognized it.

Artemis...? This wasn't his first encounter with a keshin. In fact, she had fought his Lion with hers before, back when he was still being mentored by her.

But what threw him off this time was the lack of playfulness Artemis had from back then. Right now, she was dead serious. Perhaps even furious.

"Keshins aren't too different from those spirit animals. They both reflect the strength a person has within their hearts in their own unique ways." The only difference was that anyone could be a keshin user, while Souls are something only people with a certain DNA have.

None of them were able to see Kimiko's expression as it was covered by the large shadow, but one can only imagine from the intensity of the aura she was emitting.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!"

Another piercing screech came as the archer fired a shot from her bow. A flash of light sped through the plant in front of her before it seemed to explode. But the impact didn't stop there. The flat ground was carved as far as the arrow went, by extension meaning as far as the eye could see.

"K-Kimiko..." Among all others who were frozen in place (out of fear or astonishment or both), it was the captain that was first to try and approach her.

She seemed to turn around at the call, the keshin following her lead. It then took aim again.

"W-Wait! Kimiko! It's me, Tenma!"

She didn't seem to hear him. The only expression they were able to make out was the unamused one her keshin had as she kept her aim on them all.

"Captain!"

"What the hell is that thing?!"

"E-Eh?! You mean that's not something Earthlings have?!"

"Not as far as I know!"

"Everyone, calm down!"

"Shindou?!"

"Tenma, remember what we were taught! Don't do anything sudden!"

"R-Right!"

"What the heck were you guys taught?!"

Shindou ignored anyone else's complaint and looked towards the edge of the field. "Where is Tsurugi―"

Another part of the field exploded, cutting him off.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!"

Arrows rained down everywhere, keeping them from getting close. Most of them seemed to be heading in Tsurugi's direction, making him jump further and further back to dodge it all.

He wouldn't be able to do anything from there...! Ichikawa looked down at his own hands. From the captain and Shindou's reactions, they seemed to have been in this sort of situation before, but had never successfully calmed her down. Or at least, not without Tsurugi's help.

On the other hand, he had fought Artemis plenty of times. Even if she seems to be going out of control, it should still be similar to that training, right?

With his mind made up, he called on his Soul and began to charge ahead.

"Zanakurou!"

"What are you doing?!"