𝟕𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝-𝐎𝐟𝐟

Start from the beginning

He cuts me off feeling warm lips on mine, drowning the sound of my surprise pitching in my throat. A chuckle soon follows against the kiss, my eyes fluttering shut while sinking into the warm tender embrace. Pulling away our noses gently graze against each other, while his lips gingerly hover over mine, eyes intently gazing into mine.

"Just don't do anything reckless, okay?"

I couldn't promise anything, not wanting to vow something that will break the ties between us. We've worked so hard, I didn't want to lose everything instantly in case something happens.

"M'kay," pecking his lips once more, I bury my face into his chest and snuggled closer allowing myself to rest before dinner. "Same goes for you too."

*

MESS HALLS

Finally after some time of waiting, Levi and I both sat down at the table where Hanji, Marlene, Laus, Dirk, Harold and Lena were sitting at. Sitting beside Hanji, Levi settles beside me whilst hearing all the young recruits and soldiers chattering amongst themselves.

"We really earned the popularity within two months," Hanji comments, with enthusiasm. "Clearly that's a record, dontcha think Akira?!"

Humming in agreement, "Yeah, I wonder why though?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows while scanning the crowds of the young soldiers that talked away. Candles lit, and the smell of tasty meat freshens the air which could make anyone drool.

"I'll begin," Harold pushes himself up, walking over to the centre of the Hall. "Everyone, attention!"

Silence falls allowing the squad leader to continue his speech, while grasping a keg of ale in hand.

"This may be a special night, but let's not let the public find out!" Harold announces, raising his keg in hand. "Behave like soldiers without causing a ruckus! Tonight's the night before we retake Wall Maria! A toast--!"

Without warning a massive uproar swarms the halls, as all the soldiers bursted with joy. More like a pack of wild wolves targeting their prey, as if their own lives depended on it. Glancing up Harold's way, I send him an apologetic expression.

"Hang on, wait!!!!!"

"Calm down! Everyone'll get some, okay?!"

Glancing over my eyes slightly widen with horror, as Connie held Sasha in a chokehold trying to prevent her from devouring the entire meat, that was worth a few portions for everyone on her table. Soon Jean snatches the meat from her mouth, hearing a gasp of shock from the young girl. Leaving her salivating at the loss of meat in her jaws, I thought she was gonna give up for a moment. 

However, I should've known how she's like when it comes to meat.....

Suddenly she snaps her jaws, biting onto Jean's hand mistaking it for food, I think, while drawing little blood.

Sighing deeply I felt Levi nudge me, "Eat, you need the iron and nutrients," he pushes the plate, that held two reasonable sizes of meat before me.  "You've been looking a little pale lately, so please eat?"

Humming I began slicing up the meat, not even remembering how long it has been since we last ate a decent portion of filling food. Taking a bite I hear another soldier scream out, startling me for a moment before glancing over to my soldiers table. Harold finally sits back down with us, while watching the rowdy soldiers fight over the meat like a pack of wolves.

"Hey, I think we've got casualties," Dirk muffles, while chewing his meat steadily.

"Whose brilliant idea was it to serve meat, again?" Hanji muffles back, with such an unfazed defeated expression.