8

"Thats 100" said penguin as he'd just finished up counting the bags in the crate. Some of the crew was alittle disgusted by its pulsing and moving, honestly I was just curious. Law smirked and sighed putting the lid on the crate. "Lets get to the marine base then" he spoke deeply. The crew chanted in unuson as they began working to get the sub on course. "Law" I said alittle nervous, he turned to me and watched me carefully. "What?" He asked, his demeanor was calm and gentle. I looked at him then away trying to figure out the words. "Youre doing this... to get revenge aren't you... I know your keeping it from me... but its not hard to tell what your doing. Becoming a warlord? Law.. please tell me whats going on" I spoke worried, he watched me deeply in thought. A sigh left his lips as he stood up and walked over to me, embracing me in a hug, his head rested in the crook of my neck. "I know what you're thinking. But this is something i have to do y/n-ya... for him." He whispered gently, his words seemed so negative yet he said them so smooth and calm, I began to hesitate, he glanced at me as a tear rolled down my cheek. His eyes widened and I pushed him away from me offering him a glare before I walked out slamming the door behind me.

Doing it for him... what a joke... my father died so he could live the last thing he'd want is for Law to throw his life away in his name. Id never forgive him...

I wiped my tears as I locked myself in the storage room and slumped down. Resting my head on my knees. What am I going to do with him....

I guess... ill just have to be there by his side when he runs in head first. I care for him too much to see him fall. I want him to be free from doflamingos toying.... but its not worth his life. It hurts me so much... I want him to live... live without being tied down to that monster... he's given me that much, I want him to have it too.

---

After a while i unlocked the door to the storage room and climbed out, keeping my head down. Sure of my decision. "Hey y/n, are you okay? You didn't seem good earlier... what happened?" Asked ikkaku. I smiled at her gently and walked along side her. "Its alright. If I cant stop him ill just have to be there for him..." I frowned.

"Hes so important to me.. hes everything to me..." I spoke quietly, ikkaku raised a brow and smirked. "Oh so you're in love with him, I can see how that's a problem. Especially with how stubborn he is" she spoke in thought, I snapped my head to her and stopped in my tracks. .. ... "w-what..." I stuttered out, ikkaku smiled and patted my shoulder. "I didnt think you'd realised, But you know now huh. You havent been on board as long as the rest of us, everyone was seriously shocked at how easily he caved with you, and how touchy and protective he is of you. Its clear he really likes you. And considering your reaction its safe to say you feel the same." She explained happily. I unfroze from my surprised state and walked beside her again keeping my head down... "I..  I dont... care about that... how I feel has nothing to do with how narrow he is... im not scared of seeing my father again if it means making sure he doesn't do anything stupid...." I replied alot more stern this time, ikkaku looked at me sympathetically. "I dont think the Capatin would take that very well... id make sure not to talk like that infront of him." She answered. I sighed and leaned against her shoulder. "I miss him.. and his stupid stubbornness..." I whispered, she chuckled to herself and patted my head. "Well lucky for you, were deep underwater so he has nowhere to escape. He's been pretty irritated since you walked out, I guess he's worried." She replied, I nodded and opened the door to the living area. Everyone looked at us then back to there own buissness, but Law was watching me. His eyes seemed conflicted. Ikkaku nudged me and I sighed walking over to him, he sat in the chair relaxed. Not a word came from him.

I walked over and stood infront of him, staring, he raised a brow at me and I just stayed silent. I slowly sat down on his lap and he jumped alittle, not expecting me to get so close. I scrunched myself into a ball and cuddled up to his chest, he was speechless. He shifted alittle... hesitating... but then he gently pulled me closer and returned the embrace, letting out a quiet sigh. I guess he didnt know what to say, instead he just held me... and I held him...

His fingers slowly fiddled with the hearts on my hood, I watched his hand observing it, until I slowly reached for it and held it, pulling it close and softly leaving small kisses along it. I felt him freeze for a short moment, but then he gently cupped my face with his hand and stroked my cheek which I leaned into his hold. No words were needed at this moment. I just wanted him to know how much he meant to me, how much I needed him.