Chapter 2 - The Ben Thanh Market: Bargaining

Start from the beginning

"It's so nice to have him around for that reason. He's such a nice and funny guy."

"I agree. He's very personable and outgoing. And kinda quirky like his character Sinh. It's cute."

"You think he's cute, huh?" He rose his eyebrow a few times slyly, and I chuckled. "Did you know that he's forty-five?"

My eyes widened. "Say what? Get out of town. I totally thought he was like forty, or even thirty-eight."

"Nope. Man, I hope I age as well as him once I hit middle age."

It was hard to believe that Scott was middle-aged since he looked so good. We both looked over to where he was standing, next to Rachael and Steven, as well as pink-haired Thanh. He saw us staring. He told his company something and walked the twenty feet over to us. He put his arms out like a bird. "Hey, the redheads meet!"

"Yeah, I know!" Andrew said gleefully. "We were just talking about you."

"You were, were you?" He raised a brow playfully.

"All good things, I promise. You're awesome, man. We were just saying that."

"Hey, right back at you." The guys took hands and did the guy-hug. When they were through, Scott looked at me. "So, this is some marketplace, huh?"

"Yeah, you bet. I've been in Asian markets in LA, but this tops all of them. I'm going to be here for hours looking at everything after filming's through." Andrew was called over by Morgan who played the girl his age in the tour group, and Scott was called, too, by Steven. "Well, back to work, I guess."

"Yes. And a word of advice when you go shopping... remember to negotiate the price of whatever you buy, lowering it as much as you can."

I recalled something. "Like what Sinh tells Amanda to do in this scene."

"Exactly."

"Will you be sticking around afterwards?"

"You bet I am. I was looking forward to today just for the market scene since I wanted to make some good bargains."

He winked, and I found that pretty flirty. I loved it. But maybe he did that with every woman he was around. "Sounds like a plan. Well... good luck behind the camera."

"Thank you. And good job with the set-up."

"Well, everything was mostly here for the market, so there wasn't much I had to do. But thank you."

He gave me a charming smile and was off. I watched him, and I watched him the whole time he was behind the camera. He was a natural. He had only played in a few things in the past, like minor roles, but he was so great at acting. It seemed so natural to him. I recalled him from one episode of the crime show Bones. I thought he was so handsome in that episode. When I did some digging and found out he played in that, and I would be working with him for this movie, I was tickled. It was also wonderful that he had a leading role when he didn't before in other things he was in, as far as I knew. This was a great opportunity for him.

 This was a great opportunity for him