DANCIN' THE NIGHT AWAY | III

Depuis le début

"Well.." "Quit the delay Brewer and just say it!", said the impatient girl. "Fine! Do you wanna go to the cotillion with me?". She felt something weird happen in her stomach. It's like millions of butterflies, but in a good way. She didn't know what to say. Well she did, she wanted to say yes, yet, there was something stopping her. She thought there was something going on between Jack and Kim, and didn't want to ruin that for them.

"Jack look. I'd actually love to go with you, but everything is just so complicated lately and I can't do this to Kim. She's my best friend.", he looked at her with disappointment but his face quickly switched to a confused look, "Wait— Kim? What does Kim has to do with anything? And she's going with that Brody guy anyways, so what's the matter?" Hold up now. Maddie thought. "Brody? As in Brody Carlson?"

"Oh you know him?" "He was in my dojo just this morning, for the tryouts. Wait— are you thinking what I'm thinking?", that's when they both connected the dots: "That Brody is only using Kim! Ty must've gotten him into something! We need to stop this Lynn!", Jack said, his heart racing. "Exactly. We can go to the cotillion together, but only so we can spy on Brody and pull Kim outta this mess!", said Maddie. "Of course! But we're only going as friends." "Right! Only as friends!", here comes the awkwardness again..

" "Right! Only as friends!", here comes the awkwardness again

🤍

KIM AND BRODY WERE TOO busy with dancing and drooling over each other to even bother looking at their two friends who just entered the dojo. "What—? Whoa, whoa— What's going on in here?", Jack exclaimed and Maddie just slapped her own forehead, so done with his stupid question. "Uh, we're practicing our dancing for the cotillion. Also what are you doing here Mads?", Kim asked her friend, and just as she was about to answer, Jack cut her off.

"Yeah, not in here, you're not.", he argued stubbornly, "This is a dojo, brochacho!", Kim rolls her eyes and Brody chuckles at him. Jack dropped his bag on the floor and quickly ran to the other boy: "You ever been in a karate dojo before, Brody?"
"Actually, this is my first time in a dojo.", Maddie hummed in response and gave him a strange look, like he didn't just literally lied to her face. Looks like he didn't recognise her. That's perfect, she thought.

Kim looked at the notification that just popped on her phone screen: "Oh it's my mom. She found me a great dress for the cotillion. I gotta go try it on. See you tomorrow Brody.", Kim said dreamily and pulled Maddie along with her: "Oh you're coming with me Maddie! Jack.", she gave Jack a disgusted look — earning a chuckle from her best friend. "Bye bye guys!", Maddie was waving them goodbye while Kim dragged her out of the dojo.

Few hours after Jack called Maddie, right before the cotillion, wanting to go over the plan with her once again. He catched up to her in the hallway, the girl standing right next to her locker. Just as he was about to say something — he took a second to look at his partner. She's wearing a knee—low, light red dress with some matching converse. It looks pretty funny actually. But it's only because she hates high heels and everyone else knows it.