"Ole buddy better fight hard"  -Aug 

I picked up the lingerie and decided to put it on. He wanna play I can play too. I grabbed a pillow and set it in the middle of the bed. I got one of the toys he got me and facetimed him. 

"Hey Beauti- Woahhhhh" I seen him putting the phone down. "Mel what you doing?"

"Watch me baby please" I moaned and started to play with myself with his new toy. I heard him laugh. Why he think this is funny? I sat up. 

"August."

August

I was tryna' hold in my laugh but this was too funny. She thought she wasn't finna catch me slipping, whole time I changed my flight til tomorrow so I can stay with ha one more night. Before we went to sleep last night I did some thinking. I can't think of no other girl who had me in a trance like Melo. She was different. Even if it didn't work out, I wanna try. I hung up the phone and came out the bathroom causing her to scream and pull the covers up.

"August what the fuck you scared me. I thought you were leaving today."

"Nah babyeh' we can talk about dat' later. Keep doing what you was doing." I took my shirt off & looked her up and down. She looked so damn good innat red. I ain't even know she was off her cycle. She listened to exactly what I said but she sat the toy down and started playing with herself with her fingers. I felt my erection come quick. 

"Can I feel you baby" She moaned out to me. That's all I needed to hear. I walked over to her kissing her feet, then her legs, then her stomach. 

"I hate to take this off to you. You look so good in red." I took it off anyways & we got started. 

Later in the night, instead of cooking I ordered us some food. She loved cooking for me but I could tell sumn' was wrong with ha'. She wanted some hibachi so that's what I ordered fa us. After it came and we ate we was just laying on the couch and I wanted to ask her if he was good. Her vibe was off.

"Mel"

"Hm"

"You good?"

"Yea I'm fine." 

"Let me be here for you. "

"My family just- they just a mess." I nodded. I wondered about her family. She hadn't said anything about anybody other than her friend. 

"You don't gotta go into detail, just what happened."

"Growing up, my dad abused my mom. me too. we got hit for anything under the sun. she stayed. she just let him hurt me until I left." I rested my arm on her leg. "I started doing hair for money and when I was 16 I bought a car. I stayed with my granny and just road to Charlotte every morning for school. I thought when I left I would be over it and I'm not. They all force me to be though. I want to say fuck all them and move on with my life. Every time I try they make me the bad guy."

"Baby. Look at me." She looked up. "You don't owe them shit. The people who owed you everything didn't protect and care for you. It's time for you to protect and care about yourself." She started crying. I just hugged her. 

" I understand how it feel to have to keep it together all the time. You can't ever be down. You always gotta be up mentally because if you not then nobody else is. It's not fair to us. It's not gone change overnight but you gotta start setting boundaries." She hugged me even tighter.

"You feel that way too?"

"Hell yeah. My mama wasn't shit my whole life. Now my nieces stay with her so I have to be cool with her. Before Chay and the girl's mama got sick I wasn't talking to nun of them except her. I fell out with my whole family. Now I gotta be cool with them cause they need me."

"I understand. Well I'll make you a deal. I'll start setting boundaries if you do too." She held her pinky up. We pinky promised and I kiss my hand & she kissed hers.

"Thank you for listening."

"I'm just returning the favor."

Melo

"Are you going to be here when I get back?" I pouted. It was the next morning and August was officially leaving. 

"Sadly. I gotta get Encina out. When I do I promise I got you." He said rubbing my back. "Stop pouting. We ain een' togetha"

"Yet." I said right back. I wanted to give it a try now. I was scared before, and I still am but he proves to be different from what I expect him to be. Last night was so beautiful. Nobody, not even Akyrah knew about my family issues. He was there and he understood. I never thought he could relate so much which was naïve thinking but still. "Thank you for last night." 

"What I tell you? Stop thanking me. We got a lot to learn about eachother. Ima be hea fa you every step. I'm just glad I proved to you that the librarian nigga aint the only nigga who can understand ya. We in two different worlds now but I want to be apart of yours and understand yours."

"Well thank you for proving me wrong. Ima miss you" I sighed giving him one last hug and kiss before I had to head out to work.

"Ima miss you mo."