Prologue (part 2)

Lesander Colley POV

Her voice echoed through my head.      

She had no idea what whould have happened if he had obeyed her wishes, or perhaps she did. I pondered.

Her fire had intrigued him like no other that had come before her. She was able to hold his interst if only for a second. That was a feat that hadn't occured in more than 50 years...

I didn't even catch her name, one of the girls had said it, he was certain.

However, in an odd way, I did admire her courage, that look she gave me when she told me to just kill her already, I was surprised.

Unconsciously, I began to smooth the hair away from her face. There was no denying that she was beautiful. Her soft brown hair gave off a golden gleam in the moonlight that lite the narrow alleyway near the club. What a place to die, I thought bitterly, remembering my own dead in an alleyway in Venice.

I touched her hair again, as a strange and crazy thought came into my head.

Keep her, the voice whispered. The voice was asking me to save her, turn her.

My hand traveled to her soft pale neck. Her heart was barely beating, I guessed it only had about 6 beats left before she expired.

My adrenaline rush. Should I do it?

I don't want to be alone anymore, I decided as I hastily sunk my mouth into the flesh of her neck. Her blood was good, really good.

After I took what was left of her blood, I began to make a list of things to be done in my head. I need to make certain arrangement, I was sure when she woke up I was going to be in for one hell of a fight.